Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Verizon HTC One (M8):4G reception

    My M8 is having a hard time keeping a 4G connection. In areas where my Moto X had no problems I'm stuck on 3G. When I do get 4G it's very low bars and usually after a few minutes bounces back to 3G. Is anyone else having poor 4G reception?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    Did you use the embedded SIM in the M8 or did you transfer your Moto X SIM

    Sent from my XT1080 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    Factory installed sim

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    cdd543's Avatar

    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    Mine seems like it might be showing a little lower than normal(other device is 5s)--bar wise, but I can tell more tomorrow at my office.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    probably all that metal making it a little harder on signal. You would think they would have factored this in though. Or maybe you got a lemon.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    probably all that metal making it a little harder on signal. You would think they would have factored this in though. Or maybe you got a lemon.
    I'm hoping it's an issue that can be fixed through radio updates. Even when I have a 4G connection showing in the status bar, apps sometimes still tell me waiting for network or no data connection. I'm even seeing 1X's a lot now. Never saw them on the Moto X and only occasionally on my S4

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    On the flip side when I am getting a strong data connection I'm getting 30 to 34 megs download in the Phoenix area.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    Quote Originally Posted by ericinaz View Post
    I'm hoping it's an issue that can be fixed through radio updates. Even when I have a 4G connection showing in the status bar, apps sometimes still tell me waiting for network or no data connection. I'm even seeing 1X's a lot now. Never saw them on the Moto X and only occasionally on my S4

    Posted via Android Central App
    Usually an update is pushed that helps with reception issues. Only time will tell if this will be the case with the new one. That doesn't seem good for day one if it is having issues, when usually htc is known for pretty solid reception.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    I'm the opposite. Came from a note 3 that had constant dropped calls and/or no signal where I previously had 3 bars. With the M8 I've had consistent service. Quite satisfied.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    cdd543's Avatar

    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon 4G reception

    Quote Originally Posted by ericinaz View Post
    On the flip side when I am getting a strong data connection I'm getting 30 to 34 megs download in the Phoenix area.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Damn you're lucky. I never see more than 8 down and most of the time it's 2-3 in Denver.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Power Saver missing on Verizon HTC One (M8)?
    By Lightshield in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 12:15 AM
  2. Xperia Z2: Exclusive to Verizon?
    By Premium1 in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:24 AM
  3. Xperia Z2 exclusive on Verizon?
    By Premium1 in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 12:59 PM
  4. Verizon HTC One (M8) GSM Unlocked?
    By nickmiller71 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 10:29 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions