HTC One (M8): Bugs and Defects

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One (M8) Bugs and Defects

I installed Lightflow on my M7 last week but couldn't figure it out. It now installed on this phone does it work anyone know?

Also anyone use Speak to it Assistant? It's weird but when you open it and use the mic to speak it uses Google. And when I speak my text or an email it's so fast and you see it typing quick as soon as you speak. But with the assistant I will say what time is it or something and the google mic just sits there for 10 seconds or so before it starts working.

Have you tried installing Lightflow to see if that helps?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

brownboi89

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

This happens with most devices and most of the time it's the Bluetooth device not the phone that's dropping the connection

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

never happened with my other phones (4,4s,5s) if it was a call or streaming audio. just thought it was weird and, quite frankly, annoying. especially when I am driving.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone else's bluetooth sometimes not stream your audio? And it will disconnect and reconnect at random.

Have the same problem and its a big issue for me. Phone is almost always on bt. Also had to stop using the stock car home because the built in music player won't honor the check box not to auto start on connection and when in car home it did crazy things with media button router installed to resolve the issue. Even with these workarounds the music player will randomly start on its own. Irritating to say the least. I also find voice over Bluetooth randomly switches back and forth between my stereo and the built in speakers and Mic in the phone. Makes voice commands hit and miss at best.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I installed Lightflow on my M7 last week but couldn't figure it out. It now installed on this phone does it work anyone know?

Also anyone use Speak to it Assistant? It's weird but when you open it and use the mic to speak it uses Google. And when I speak my text or an email it's so fast and you see it typing quick as soon as you speak. But with the assistant I will say what time is it or something and the google mic just sits there for 10 seconds or so before it starts working.

Lightflow doesn't work, this has been an issue with HTC phones for awhile. There is only a green and orange light for notifications.

As far as the assistant, I can't help you, I've never used it

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

What about MMS, when sending the image gets compressed so bad on the Stock Messaging App.

Honestly I haven't seen a huge loss on quality. I sent a pic through the stock messaging app and the original was 2mb and it compressed it to 700kb. When comparing the original to the compressed one, I really couldn't tell a difference

haevolution

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Multiple issues after 4 days:

*Answer Call button on phone screen did not work

*Call waiting answered 2nd call but I could not get back to first call

*Lookout says it scanned 324 Apps for security... I count less than 60 on my screens

*No way to place a call on speaker phone from the dial screen

*Type of Keyboard selected symbol keeps popping up - no matter what I select

*GPS VOICE FAILS AFTER FIRST INSTRUCTION IN GOOGLE MAPS... THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME IN A NEW CITY...

*Launch Camera from volume key has not worked for me...

I'm not yet convinced I will keep the phone...

Any replies appreciated... Cheers, Steve

Sounds like your device is defective? Never had any problems with GPS, keyboard, calls, or the camera launch function on mine.

nightdesigns

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Has issues going from Wi-Fi to 3g. Can take several minutes to connect to 3g. Large 3G icon shows but no spinning around it. Sometimes it will eventually connect, other times I have to reboot. 4G is still spotty here so I can't test on that yet.

During the periods of no data connection, i get flooded with "no connection" available message from various apps. Previously the apps just wouldn't update.

Cannot disable roaming guards. I must manually "accept" roaming. Annoying when going through spotty areas. The menu screen has these options greyed out.

Battery life, I really don't see a difference on battery life on this and the EVO 4G LTE that I replaced. Both are at about 30% at the end of the day.

Lauren Coles

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine keeps doing this and I have no idea why. There's no consistency to when it decides to do it. It can be fine for hours/days and other times it will do it two three times in a row. I love the phone it's just really annoying me having to reset via power/volume button!! Anyone else know how to cure it?

ankah

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Could be you have the saver option to close all data connections when screen goes off

njlx2016

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that the WiFi does not always negotiate to the fastest link speed. Often times it will get stuck at 54mbps. I have to cycle airplane mode a couple times to get it to negotiate a faster speed with my router (I have an AC router)

Kind of a minor bug as I don't notice any speed difference but it still bothers me.

svencux

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
the only problem i have with the phone are the very loose volume buttons.
They are that loose that you can here them rattle when softly shaking the phone : (

Maciej Leja

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen any of the issues you guys are reporting but I do run into two problems:

1) People seem to not be able to hear me very well when talking on the phone regularly. It happens primarily outside but the same walk I do everyday with my S3 works fine so I'm curious if it's a problem with the mic on my phone or what's going on... I can hear them fine but they usually struggle unless I tilt the phone and put the bottom near my mouth when talking....

2) Weird head phone issue. One pair of headphones I use for my ipod and s3 and laptop works perfectly but when I plug into the htc one i only get output out one headphone speaker. Before when I restarted teh phone that would fix it but lately after a restart, I'll play something and i get audio out both for a second and then it switches to one. But I have tried other head phones on my htc one like my Bose and they work fine.... something wrong with the input on htc phone or something kind of wonky with the headphone jack on the headphones.....

Any ideas? Thanks!

haevolution

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any of the issues you guys are reporting but I do run into two problems:

1) People seem to not be able to hear me very well when talking on the phone regularly. It happens primarily outside but the same walk I do everyday with my S3 works fine so I'm curious if it's a problem with the mic on my phone or what's going on... I can hear them fine but they usually struggle unless I tilt the phone and put the bottom near my mouth when talking....

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have the same issue. I thought it was a reception issue with the phone but perhaps the microphone is not very sensitive. It's very annoying.

Maciej Leja

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well talked to HTC and AT&T - both agree that the headphone output issue is hardware related and will be replacing my phone (as I'm within 2 weeks of buying it still).

Her guess for the MIC issue is maybe there's dust in there ..... she said it's not a known issue from what she knows so hopefully replacing the phone and we'll see if the new one has the same mic problem. Will let you know!

pantericarulez

May 14, 2013
Visit site
i'm having gallery and music issues.

gallery is showing every single picture inside the phone, and it's separated by folders, so it appears like a hundred or more folders in the gallery.
music is showing all sound files on the phone, same as gallery, it has too many files.

anyone who has this same issue or has solved this issue? i temporarily solved the gallery by hiding all folders.

Plons0

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
When using some audio/video streams in Chrome on my M8, the volume button does not control the media audio anymore. After that, all other apps show the same.. Only after complete shutdown of Chrome, it works normally again..
http://sci2.tv/#!/videos/296 is such a stream...
Is this an HTC bug, or would this be a Chrome bug?

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
i'm having gallery and music issues.

gallery is showing every single picture inside the phone, and it's separated by folders, so it appears like a hundred or more folders in the gallery.
music is showing all sound files on the phone, same as gallery, it has too many files.

anyone who has this same issue or has solved this issue? i temporarily solved the gallery by hiding all folders.

Don't know about the picture issue but for the music player issue create a blank text file called .nomedia . place it in any folder that has songs you don't want showing up. You may have to hook your phone up to a computer to do it.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy