HTC One (M8): Bugs and Defects

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Post below if you think your M8 has any issues. This thread is for the discussion of hardware and software issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmod

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One (M8) Bugs and Defects

I have two M8's here one screen is darker and yellower than the other, when viewing white screens.

Eric Gonzalez3

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

I am getting a camera bug when using the camera in portrait view. Every time I launch the camera it will force quit. The only way I can get the camera working in in landscape view. I have seen some videos on you tube of users having the same issue. I don't know if HTC is aware of the bug yet. It is definitely a problem.

JTims04

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

I am getting a camera bug when using the camera in portrait view. Every time I launch the camera it will force quit. The only way I can get the camera working in in landscape view. I have seen some videos on you tube of users having the same issue. I don't know if HTC is aware of the bug yet. It is definitely a problem.

I'm having the same issue. Pretty annoying.

JTims04

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same issue. Pretty annoying.

Ahh looks like the issue is the LastPass app.

Following these steps outlined here fixed it for me:

The problem was the new lastpass app integration. To fix it: -
Open Preferences
Edit App Associations
Select Camera
Change it to 'Do not show fill window'

cstmstyle

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I started a different thread on this but will post in here as well. Is anyone having issues using the google hangouts app and sending mms messages while connected to wifi. I am unable to send any of mine until I turn off wifi. Not sure if this is a KitKat problem, a hangouts app issue, or something else.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

Only bug(s) or one time annoyances I've had are:

1. Google music force closes on me when in airplane mode and switching to on device only.
2. I set default message to htc stock in setting. However, every once in a while, Verizon messages still throws the popup to use their app.
3. 3G-4G transitions are a bit slow.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site

The LED light works when it wants to.

Orange when charging, green when charged, nothing when a notification comes in regardless of power connection.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Orange when charging, green when charged, nothing when a notification comes in regardless of power connection.

Same on the M7, it's near useless because it's so small and can't be tweaked to different colors.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried installing Lightflow to see if that helps?

Posted via Android Central App

shandroid

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Ok, just curious if anyone has seen this on their units, I went to two Verizon stores this week to see both units suffer from a screen flicker issue. It's not the screen goes black or anything, it's the brightness kind of flickers when navigating, using the camera, most noticeable on white backgrounds. I thought it had to be the crappy lighting they had but they both did this.

Is this something to do with the batch Verizon got for demos? Their software or what?

I really am considering this phone but wanted to know if this is an issue others are noticing.

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

I've been getting device reboots a lot today. It is mainly happening when I use the motion gestures to unlock the phone by swiping up on the screen while it is off. When I do this the phone reboots it self about 25% of the time.

SD1_Mark1

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Got my at a Verizon store on Wed 3/27. Love the phone. But, I noticed that it sometimes freezes. It did so a few times Wed. night and then a few times today. Today I was scrolling through a BlinkFeed and I usually scroll as I read but it stopped scrolling and wouldn't go up or down. It unfroze about 10 seconds later. Seems to be an issue. Also does it in Chrome.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Just noticed that it sometimes doesn't immediately connect to my WiFi network. Sometimes I have to open WiFi settings and then it connects without be having to force it. Other times it works fine. Just something I noticed.

iParzival

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

The Chase Banking app has the same issue as the camera, gets crashy until you change the settings in LastPass.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Loving the phone so far but experiencing a couple of issue, but nothing too major (Verizon)

1) Coming from the S4, I used Nova Launcher so when setting up my M8 it restored all my apps including Nova. Since I like HTC's launcher, I uninstalled Nova but it keeps re installing. I have already uninstalled it 4 times but out of nowhere, it will re install.

2) The double tap to wake the screen does not seem to work as well when the phone is on a flat surface. When I picked it up, it always wakes after 2 taps.

3) Videos seem to take forever to load on WiFi, and sometimes do not load at all. On LTE, no issue. I turned off the WiFi optimization in Advanced Settings and noticed an immediate difference with everything else, but just videos seem to be the problem

4) Wasn't too sure what to expect from the camera, but hoping it was good enough but any pic with a lot of light just come out awful. Not sure if there is a setting to help it but low light pics come out great.

5) Google Maps/GPS has turned off voice/turn by turn twice so far...still not sure why that happened.

Other than that...I am really liking this phone. I am a music junkie and its a great device for tunes...the sound is amazing thru headphones and the AUX in my car.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site

2) The double tap to wake the screen does not seem to work as well when the phone is on a flat surface. When I picked it up, it always wakes after 2 taps.

You have to pick it up before double tap works. That is the way it is designed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969