Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Default HTC One (M8): Bugs and Defects

Post below if you think your M8 has any issues. This thread is for the discussion of hardware and software issues.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-05-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Default Re: HTC One (M8) Bugs and Defects

I have two M8's here one screen is darker and yellower than the other, when viewing white screens.

Hello,

I am getting a camera bug when using the camera in portrait view. Every time I launch the camera it will force quit. The only way I can get the camera working in in landscape view. I have seen some videos on you tube of users having the same issue. I don't know if HTC is aware of the bug yet. It is definitely a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bmod View Post
    I have two M8's here one screen is darker and yellower than the other, when viewing white screens.
    The yellow will go away in time its from the glue they use.
    roflwaffleton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gonzalez3 View Post
    Hello,

I am getting a camera bug when using the camera in portrait view. Every time I launch the camera it will force quit. The only way I can get the camera working in in landscape view. I have seen some videos on you tube of users having the same issue. I don't know if HTC is aware of the bug yet. It is definitely a problem.
    I'm having the same issue. Pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JTims04 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Pretty annoying.
    Ahh looks like the issue is the LastPass app.

Following these steps outlined here fixed it for me:

The problem was the new lastpass app integration. To fix it: -
    Open Preferences
    Edit App Associations
    Select Camera
    Change it to 'Do not show fill window'

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I started a different thread on this but will post in here as well. Is anyone having issues using the google hangouts app and sending mms messages while connected to wifi. I am unable to send any of mine until I turn off wifi. Not sure if this is a KitKat problem, a hangouts app issue, or something else.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Only bug(s) or one time annoyances I've had are:

1. Google music force closes on me when in airplane mode and switching to on device only.
    2. I set default message to htc stock in setting. However, every once in a while, Verizon messages still throws the popup to use their app.
    3. 3G-4G transitions are a bit slow.

The LED light works when it wants to.

Orange when charging, green when charged, nothing when a notification comes in regardless of power connection.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post

Orange when charging, green when charged, nothing when a notification comes in regardless of power connection.
    Same on the M7, it's near useless because it's so small and can't be tweaked to different colors.

Have you tried installing Lightflow to see if that helps?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Ok, just curious if anyone has seen this on their units, I went to two Verizon stores this week to see both units suffer from a screen flicker issue. It's not the screen goes black or anything, it's the brightness kind of flickers when navigating, using the camera, most noticeable on white backgrounds. I thought it had to be the crappy lighting they had but they both did this.

Is this something to do with the batch Verizon got for demos? Their software or what?

I really am considering this phone but wanted to know if this is an issue others are noticing.

I've been getting device reboots a lot today. It is mainly happening when I use the motion gestures to unlock the phone by swiping up on the screen while it is off. When I do this the phone reboots it self about 25% of the time.

Thank you! Was having the same portrait camera problem but the LastPass fix worked immediately.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.2 stable

Got my at a Verizon store on Wed 3/27. Love the phone. But, I noticed that it sometimes freezes. It did so a few times Wed. night and then a few times today. Today I was scrolling through a BlinkFeed and I usually scroll as I read but it stopped scrolling and wouldn't go up or down. It unfroze about 10 seconds later. Seems to be an issue. Also does it in Chrome.

Just noticed that it sometimes doesn't immediately connect to my WiFi network. Sometimes I have to open WiFi settings and then it connects without be having to force it. Other times it works fine. Just something I noticed.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

The Chase Banking app has the same issue as the camera, gets crashy until you change the settings in LastPass.

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Loving the phone so far but experiencing a couple of issue, but nothing too major (Verizon)

1) Coming from the S4, I used Nova Launcher so when setting up my M8 it restored all my apps including Nova. Since I like HTC's launcher, I uninstalled Nova but it keeps re installing. I have already uninstalled it 4 times but out of nowhere, it will re install.

2) The double tap to wake the screen does not seem to work as well when the phone is on a flat surface. When I picked it up, it always wakes after 2 taps.

3) Videos seem to take forever to load on WiFi, and sometimes do not load at all. On LTE, no issue. I turned off the WiFi optimization in Advanced Settings and noticed an immediate difference with everything else, but just videos seem to be the problem

4) Wasn't too sure what to expect from the camera, but hoping it was good enough but any pic with a lot of light just come out awful. Not sure if there is a setting to help it but low light pics come out great.

5) Google Maps/GPS has turned off voice/turn by turn twice so far...still not sure why that happened.

Other than that...I am really liking this phone. I am a music junkie and its a great device for tunes...the sound is amazing thru headphones and the AUX in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnevares View Post

2) The double tap to wake the screen does not seem to work as well when the phone is on a flat surface. When I picked it up, it always wakes after 2 taps.
    You have to pick it up before double tap works. That is the way it is designed.

Thanked by 3:

____

So this drove me nuts too. My solution was to do a factory restart. The issue I found from other forums is caused by other launchers that may have transitioned over from your previous device. At this time I think the bug is only on Verizon M8s.

Default Screen often will not wake

Way too often I have to power key and volume up restart because the screen is unresponsive to any gesture or power key wake up. I've factory reset it once. No improvement. Anyone else?

The contact pictures aren't displaying in the HTC messaging app. I've changed them, they showed up for a while and are gone again...they display in the phone app and in People, just not in messages. Anyone else?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Pretty sure HTC needs to do something about their camera app. Similar password apps Password Box and Dashlane also crash the camera app constantly when launching in portrait mode, usually from the icon. Works fine if landscape mode, launching from volume button shortcut.

For Password Box and Dashlane, the issue occurs because of their one-tap login method. It uses Accessibility Services under Android Settings. If you turn it off in Accessibility Services for the app (no more 1-tap login), issue goes away. I have contacted Password Box about the issue, they responded. HTC just told me to log the issue on their site, with no response.

To me this is bad for HTC as I was about to exchange my phone because I shouldn't have to deal with this type of issue. Stumbled across what was causing it by complete accident. Less tech savvy users may just return the phone and get something else, which isn't good for HTC at all.

Ok, this is a HUGE issue. And if I can't fix it I will have to return the phone.

My Mobile Hotspot only works with the screen on. Every time the screen turns off I lose my connection. The hotspot doesn't turn off it just stops functioning. It works fine as soon as I turn the screen back on.

This is REALLY annoying as I use my hotspot all the time. I'm on Verizon and blow thru over 20gigs of data per month.

Can anyone please help me fix this? Is it happening to anyone else?

Thnx!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast