04-14-2014 08:56 PM
- Wondering exactly the same thing, and really surprised that few people on the forums, and seemingly no tech sites, have noticed this yet. My best guess is that it's not a permanent Verizon exclusive, I feel like if that were the case they would be marketing it as such, plus didn't we see a silver AT&T model at one point amid the many leaks? Maybe it's a supply thing and it'll come in within a week or so with in store availability, seeing as how we know the gunmetal is the main model this year.03-25-2014 09:28 PM
- Yea the lack of information on this is annoying. I do agree it probably isn't a permanent Verizon exclusive, maybe ATT and Sprint got less phones than Verizon so they focused on the primary color until stock catches up. I can't imagine Silver is an exclusive since it is the traditional color.03-26-2014 12:34 AM
- Tweeted the guy who runs HTCSource earlier, according to his sources in HTC all carriers will have the 3 colors, with the exception of T-Mobile as gold is the Best Buy exclusive and they don't do T-Mobile phones. So, yeah, if that's accurate then I'd bet we're looking at either a supply issue or some sort of exclusivity period.
It's worth saying that on Amazon there's an AT&T Glacial Silver showing up that doesn't link to anything but says it's available for pre-order for December 31, 2014. Hopefully the whole thing is some kind of glitch, I'd hate to see Verizon have a color exclusive for more than a couple weeks.03-26-2014 01:05 AM
- 03-26-2014 07:25 AM
- Because Verizon is the largest US carrier and they NEEDED them on board early to sell more phones. They needed Verizon to push this phone not just have it on a display in the back of the store, which meant giving them all the exclusives they asked for. Sometimes real world business concerns trump punishing a business for past transgressions.
Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app03-26-2014 09:21 AM
- 03-26-2014 11:54 AM
- I was ready to pull the trigger right when it launched online but I wanted the Silver. This delay is giving me too much time to think if I want the phone or should I wait until the LG G3 since I have the G2 now and like it. Hopefully it isn't too long before Sprint get's the silver or else I might skip this phone all together.03-26-2014 04:25 PM
- 04-04-2014 05:41 PM
- 04-04-2014 05:54 PM
- 04-04-2014 06:08 PM
- HTC' s website only shows grey and gold for AT&T. The only carrier showing silver is Verizon, at least for now anyway. The unlocked version, which does work on AT&T is offered in silver but that doesn't help you if you want it on contract. You can bring your own device and get the new line promotion at AT&T though (I think).04-04-2014 06:28 PM
- 04-04-2014 06:34 PM
- 04-04-2014 06:44 PM
- 04-04-2014 07:46 PM
- HTC lost an opportunity to convert 2 Samsung customers today. After looking around for M8 in Glacier Silver for AT&T, we switched to White Galaxy S5 today.
Frustrating to wait for 2 weeks with no clear answers from HTC sales, AT&T or Best Buy reps. God save HTC with such a sloppy marketing team. They do have good quality products but a super bad marketing team that undo everything the company is trying to do.04-12-2014 01:45 PM
- Yes indeed it does. I buy phones for aesthetics as much as functionality, which is why the original m7 was my favorite phone I've ever had. I don't see any reason to buy a phone I don't like the looks of and be stuck with it for at least a year. It is just more annoying that this information is up in the air since no one has mentioned that the silver might be a Verizon exclusive or not. I am going to be patient and wait a bit after the S5 comes out to see if the Silver ever shows up but I am stuck using a cheap phone and would very much like to get a nice phone ASAP (I came from sprint for the $100 bill credit promotion even though it was extended after I did it so I haven't purchased a new phone with ATT yet).HTC lost an opportunity to convert 2 Samsung customers today. After looking around for M8 in Glacier Silver for AT&T, we switched to White Galaxy S5 today.
Frustrating to wait for 2 weeks with no clear answers from HTC sales, AT&T or Best Buy reps. God save HTC with such a sloppy marketing team. They do have good quality products but a super bad marketing team that undo everything the company is trying to do.
I do agree though, HTC and the retail stores selling them need to know about their products
Posted via Android Central App04-12-2014 02:33 PM
But I'll be carrying the phone with me for quite a while. I CAN'T stand it for that long (If I have something not to my liking and I use it quite a lot. Imagine that I have to see it every time I use it, errhhh, nope.)04-12-2014 03:08 PM
- Glacial Silver HTC One M8 Hits ATT Shelves On April 25th Glacial Silver HTC One M8 Hits ATT Shelves On April 25th | Androidheadlines.com04-14-2014 07:51 PM
- By Illustrator Joe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 15Last Post: 04-08-2015, 08:36 PM
- By skinnybandit in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2014, 06:15 AM
- By deadp1xel in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
- By Paul True in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 03-25-2014, 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD