Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One (M8): Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/AT&T?

    I really want this phone but I don't like the gunmetal nearly as much as the classic Glacial Silver. Is this a permanent exclusive to Verizon or will the Silver become available on Sprint and ATT?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Wondering exactly the same thing, and really surprised that few people on the forums, and seemingly no tech sites, have noticed this yet. My best guess is that it's not a permanent Verizon exclusive, I feel like if that were the case they would be marketing it as such, plus didn't we see a silver AT&T model at one point amid the many leaks? Maybe it's a supply thing and it'll come in within a week or so with in store availability, seeing as how we know the gunmetal is the main model this year.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Yea the lack of information on this is annoying. I do agree it probably isn't a permanent Verizon exclusive, maybe ATT and Sprint got less phones than Verizon so they focused on the primary color until stock catches up. I can't imagine Silver is an exclusive since it is the traditional color.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    I read that Verizon has exclusivity on silver until April 10th. How they secured that is beyond me considering the m7 wasn't released with them until like 6 months after the release on all the other carriers

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Tweeted the guy who runs HTCSource earlier, according to his sources in HTC all carriers will have the 3 colors, with the exception of T-Mobile as gold is the Best Buy exclusive and they don't do T-Mobile phones. So, yeah, if that's accurate then I'd bet we're looking at either a supply issue or some sort of exclusivity period.
    It's worth saying that on Amazon there's an AT&T Glacial Silver showing up that doesn't link to anything but says it's available for pre-order for December 31, 2014. Hopefully the whole thing is some kind of glitch, I'd hate to see Verizon have a color exclusive for more than a couple weeks.
  6. #6  
    ahaxton's Avatar

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    I read that Verizon has exclusivity on silver until April 10th. How they secured that is beyond me considering the m7 wasn't released with them until like 6 months after the release on all the other carriers

    Posted via Android Central App
    Because Verizon is the largest US carrier and they NEEDED them on board early to sell more phones. They needed Verizon to push this phone not just have it on a display in the back of the store, which meant giving them all the exclusives they asked for. Sometimes real world business concerns trump punishing a business for past transgressions.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    Because Verizon is the largest US carrier and they NEEDED them on board early to sell more phones. They needed Verizon to push this phone not just have it on a display in the back of the store, which meant giving them all the exclusives they asked for. Sometimes real world business concerns trump punishing a business for past transgressions.
    Releasing a color on only 30 percent of the market instead of 90 doesn't get you more sales. Plus Verizon hasn't been marketing it, why pay for an exclusive color for a limited time and say absolutely nothing about it.

    Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  
    ahaxton's Avatar

    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Releasing a color on only 30 percent of the market instead of 90 doesn't get you more sales. Plus Verizon hasn't been marketing it, why pay for an exclusive color for a limited time and say absolutely nothing about it.

    Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    I should have been more clear, my apologies. I was referring to the in store sale exclusive and more broadly to the idea that Verizon should be denied any exclusive at all because of how they treated the M7. I would bet the color exclusive has more to do with a shortage of devices in certain colors as they ramp up production, and thus putting all those eggs in the biggest basket.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    I was ready to pull the trigger right when it launched online but I wanted the Silver. This delay is giving me too much time to think if I want the phone or should I wait until the LG G3 since I have the G2 now and like it. Hopefully it isn't too long before Sprint get's the silver or else I might skip this phone all together.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    So it appears ATT has stock in today for the Grey but none of the stores knew anything about Silver still. I might have to go with the S5 since I need a new phone soon and don't care for the Grey or Gold.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdr2324 View Post
    So it appears ATT has stock in today for the Grey but none of the stores knew anything about Silver still. I might have to go with the S5 since I need a new phone soon and don't care for the Grey or Gold.
    The COLOR of your phone outweighs the performance capabilities of it? Just curious.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by robbski300 View Post
    The COLOR of your phone outweighs the performance capabilities of it? Just curious.
    Yes indeed it does. I buy phones for aesthetics as much as functionality, which is why the original m7 was my favorite phone I've ever had. I don't see any reason to buy a phone I don't like the looks of and be stuck with it for at least a year. It is just more annoying that this information is up in the air since no one has mentioned that the silver might be a Verizon exclusive or not. I am going to be patient and wait a bit after the S5 comes out to see if the Silver ever shows up but I am stuck using a cheap phone and would very much like to get a nice phone ASAP (I came from sprint for the $100 bill credit promotion even though it was extended after I did it so I haven't purchased a new phone with ATT yet).
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdr2324 View Post
    So it appears ATT has stock in today for the Grey but none of the stores knew anything about Silver still. I might have to go with the S5 since I need a new phone soon and don't care for the Grey or Gold.
    HTC' s website only shows grey and gold for AT&T. The only carrier showing silver is Verizon, at least for now anyway. The unlocked version, which does work on AT&T is offered in silver but that doesn't help you if you want it on contract. You can bring your own device and get the new line promotion at AT&T though (I think).
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    HTC' s website only shows grey and gold for AT&T. The only carrier showing silver is Verizon, at least for now anyway. The unlocked version, which does work on AT&T is offered in silver but that doesn't help you if you want it on contract. You can bring your own device and get the new line promotion at AT&T though (I think).
    Yea I contemplated the Unlocked version and still am, I just don't know if I can stomach the full price up front as a broke soon to be grad student.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdr2324 View Post
    Yea I contemplated the Unlocked version and still am, I just don't know if I can stomach the full price up front as a broke soon to be grad student.
    We'll if you can handle the cost, it does come with its advantages...no carrier bloatware, no carrier branding and somewhat faster updates.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    We'll if you can handle the cost, it does come with its advantages...no carrier bloatware, no carrier branding and somewhat faster updates.
    Very true. I probably would end up throwing an international rom on my ATT or unlocked one anyway so the only difference then is the logo on the back. The advantages of buying it from an ATT store are I can do it on NEXT and get warranty support through ATT. I don't know how the unlocked versions work if there is an issue with the phone.
  17. #17  
    petaf's Avatar

    Posts
    346 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Releasing a color on only 30 percent of the market instead of 90 doesn't get you more sales. Plus Verizon hasn't been marketing it, why pay for an exclusive color for a limited time and say absolutely nothing about it.

    Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    I've seen tv ads for this phone from Verizon offering BOGO!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/AT&T?

    HTC lost an opportunity to convert 2 Samsung customers today. After looking around for M8 in Glacier Silver for AT&T, we switched to White Galaxy S5 today.

    Frustrating to wait for 2 weeks with no clear answers from HTC sales, AT&T or Best Buy reps. God save HTC with such a sloppy marketing team. They do have good quality products but a super bad marketing team that undo everything the company is trying to do.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/AT&T?

    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdr2324 View Post
    Yes indeed it does. I buy phones for aesthetics as much as functionality, which is why the original m7 was my favorite phone I've ever had. I don't see any reason to buy a phone I don't like the looks of and be stuck with it for at least a year. It is just more annoying that this information is up in the air since no one has mentioned that the silver might be a Verizon exclusive or not. I am going to be patient and wait a bit after the S5 comes out to see if the Silver ever shows up but I am stuck using a cheap phone and would very much like to get a nice phone ASAP (I came from sprint for the $100 bill credit promotion even though it was extended after I did it so I haven't purchased a new phone with ATT yet).
    If you buy phones for aesthetics, then why are you even looking at the s5? To me the m8 is in a totally different league.

    Quote Originally Posted by dp777 View Post
    HTC lost an opportunity to convert 2 Samsung customers today. After looking around for M8 in Glacier Silver for AT&T, we switched to White Galaxy S5 today.

    Frustrating to wait for 2 weeks with no clear answers from HTC sales, AT&T or Best Buy reps. God save HTC with such a sloppy marketing team. They do have good quality products but a super bad marketing team that undo everything the company is trying to do.
    Totally understandable, but you also have to look at when the m8 was released. Launching the phone for sale on the day they announced has never been done before. Gotta give them credit for that regardless of what colors are available now.

    I do agree though, HTC and the retail stores selling them need to know about their products

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  
    o2k
    o2k is offline
    o2k's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by robbski300 View Post
    The COLOR of your phone outweighs the performance capabilities of it? Just curious.
    NOPE.
    But I'll be carrying the phone with me for quite a while. I CAN'T stand it for that long (If I have something not to my liking and I use it quite a lot. Imagine that I have to see it every time I use it, errhhh, nope.)
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/ATT?

    Quote Originally Posted by o2k View Post
    NOPE.
    But I'll be carrying the phone with me for quite a while. I CAN'T stand it for that long (If I have something not to my liking and I use it quite a lot. Imagine that I have to see it every time I use it, errhhh, nope.)
    Ditto.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/AT&T?

    Glacial Silver HTC One M8 Hits ATT Shelves On April 25th Glacial Silver HTC One M8 Hits ATT Shelves On April 25th | Androidheadlines.com
  23. #23  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Where is Glacial Silver for Sprint/AT&T?

    Verizon will marketed HTC M8 red version

    Posted via HTC M7

Similar Threads

  1. Best tablet for an artist?
    By Illustrator Joe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 08:36 PM
  2. Battery replacement for my Galaxy S4
    By skinnybandit in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 06:15 AM
  3. What color is the GPe HTC One (M8)?
    By deadp1xel in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
  4. Help wanted for dead 10.1 inch megapad tablet
    By Paul True in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions