Verizon HTC One (M8): no stock browser?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, anyone on here have a Verizon M8 that can verify whether or not there is no stock internet browser, only Chrome? I'm awaiting mine to be sent though our corporate account at work, I read on one of the threads that the Verizon M8 only had Chrome as a browser no stock internet browser.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Alleyviper13

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: ? Verizon HTC One M8 no stock browser ?

I posted regarding this. Still trying to figure out why it didn't come with it. I love the stock browser. It would be ridiculous to not be able to use it or at least download it. It is my favorite browser.

John Doe40

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

The old "stock" browser was pretty similar to Dolphin browser in terms of the "feel" and function - I suggest trying out the Dolphin browser if you really miss it. You can still view Flash videos through it as well as use some useful add-ons for blocking unwanted content and such ;) There's also FireFox with similar functionality, though it's slower than Dolphin browser.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

This is a deal breaker for me. One of the things I liked most about my DNA was the stock browser. Specifically the way it would reformat the page and text when zooming. It's so annoying to have to scroll left/right when reading. This was the only browser I found that resized like this.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Chrome comes from Google, but most of you are saying that Chrome is not a "Stock" browser.... LOL!!!

Ever since Chrome came out of it's beta for Android, on almost every Android device I have owned Chrome was at that point the ONLY browser... except maybe the S4 I currently own, but personally I like Chrome over the S4's "Stock" browser any day of the week or year. Just my opinion.

jmcamz2899

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Only browser is Chrome. Definitely searched through the app drawer a few times thinking i had to miss it. Im fine with chome. Maybe once custom roms start coming out it they will have it.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the replies, I don't have a problem with Chrome, I guess I'll just download Dolphin if I need Flash for any websites.

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site

This is a deal breaker for me. One of the things I liked most about my DNA was the stock browser. Specifically the way it would reformat the page and text when zooming. It's so annoying to have to scroll left/right when reading. This was the only browser I found that resized like this.

I'm not sure why it would be. There are plenty of browsers, including Firefox, that do this

astarling10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T M8 and it has the HTC browser and Chrome. Who knows why the carriers change stuff just for the hell of it.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC M8

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I've been running kitKat for months now on my S4 and in sorry to tell you that Kitkat made browsing the internet much worse on android. I felt the same way as you do when I first discovered it. Your only option is dolphin browser with their jet pack app. It's not just the M8, the S5 does come with it's own browser but it behaves just like Chrome.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure why it would be. There are plenty of browsers, including Firefox, that do this

Not once you update to Kitkat. Kitkat pretty much ruined every browser in the play store.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Dan, but it's only AWOL in the Verizon version apparently.

Sorry, I should have clarified, I meant that it seems it's only AWOL in the Verizon version of the M8. It's 5am and my sleeping pattern is borked, you can't exactly expect my every sentence to come out correctly when I struggle enough when I am running at optimum efficiency! Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Superfone2

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the phone at the Verizon store and searched numerous times for the stock HTC browser, and I was shocked to not find it anywhere. I thought that someone had accidentely deleted or hidden it. I hate to say it, but the text reflow is the only feature keeping me in the HTC camp; without that, it is just another phone!

How do we download/sideload the famous HTC browser? Has it been confirmed to be present in other versions (AT&T, etc.) of this phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance