Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Darth Mo
  • 1 Post By icenija
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Default HTC One (M8): HTC's last top tier flagship?

I'm curious as to what others think about this. Do any of you think this could possibly be HTC's last high end device? All the carriers seem to be getting in on the new devices availability except Tmobile. They're going to have it April 11th. They have nothing on their website indicating this device is even coming. Yet you see the GS5 preorder on their front page for weeks and its not even available yet. I realize the GS5 is obviously going to outsell the M8. Thats a given. But why would they launch it on the same day as the GS5 when HTC seems to have wanted to beat the GS5 launch by having it this week? It seems to me that Tmobile is selling this device short by doing things this way. And they did a similar thing last year with the M7 because it came after their Iphone launch but they focused more on that (obviously). The reason I ask what others think about this is because Tmobile doesnt seem to have much faith in this device even in its 2nd iteration by waiting so long and then having it be forced to compete or try to with the GS5 launch. I can almost bet the Tmo store reps will push the GS5 over the M8.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Default Re: M8 HTC's last top tier flagship?

I wouldn't gauge HTC's long term success on how many units tmobile is going to sell. HTC has made huge steps in quality and device support as of late and I think they'll continue too get better and develope great devices.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

The term "flagship model" is a deprecated term when it comes to cell phones.

Essentially since AT&T lost exclusivity on the iPhone, the notion of a flagship has gone away. There is no real reason for a carrier to put any extra stock into one phone when you can get it from essentially any carrier.

If a carrier does push a particular model, it's to get you to buy the one that has more accessories available (Samsung, iPhone) because they can make money there. But without a particular exclusive device to lure in new subscribers, that's as far as it goes.
    Spencerdl likes this.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Samsung marketing budget > HTC marketing budget

I'm sure if HTC had Samsung's budget this thread would not exist. Like Tmobile, Sprint had nothing about the M8 until launch day at 1:00 and even now it is the last promotion on their website, the S5 is second.

Ice
    Spencerdl likes this.