Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: HTC One (M8): FM Tuner availablity!

Quote Originally Posted by AMcKinley12 View Post
    The FM tuner was just newly enabled on the M8 on all carriers a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. Also, a great new radio app that you should try is NextRadio, it doesn't use up any data or battery life and is a great new, interactive way to listen to radio (I'm a radio lover too).
    Yep, got it, been using NextRadio for a while now. Great app.

Posted with my CleanROM M8
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    AMcKinley12 likes this.

Finally an app I can utilize my FM tuner with! Thanks everyone, FU Verizon!

Quote Originally Posted by AMcKinley12 View Post
    The FM tuner was just newly enabled on the M8 on all carriers a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. Also, a great new radio app that you should try is NextRadio, it doesn't use up any data or battery life and is a great new, interactive way to listen to radio (I'm a radio lover too).
    NextRadio is...okayish. Not great. Does use some data pulling location based station info. I still really like the elegance of my old brick Nokia's radio, it had 20 preset slots and the most efficient UI.

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    NextRadio is...okayish. Not great. Does use some data pulling location based station info. I still really like the elegance of my old brick Nokia's radio, it had 20 preset slots and the most efficient UI.
    Yeah, I still use my 1960s old pocket transistor radio with the wire antenna and dial knobs. It doesn't use any data, and only a 9v battery for power.

Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    pootyash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    Yeah, I still use my 1960s old pocket transistor radio with the wire antenna and dial knobs. It doesn't use any data, and only a 9v battery for power.

It better be made out of wood. 60's modems were made out of wood. And besides Elvis was better on a vacuum tube, that's why they made desktop motherboards with vacuum amp sound for the classic feel. Also because vacuum cathodes justify a windowed tower case.

Jokes aside, the ole bugger still does 15hrs of FM and I won't cry if I hit it with the lawnmower. So I don't see myself using the FM on my new phone as much as I do my Shoutcast client...which is a good test of cellular radio performance.

Fm tuner works great on my verizon m8. I couldn't download from the play store though. I had to use the links in this thread.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

NextRadio from the play store works great. I know that this has been posted already, but here it is again.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oapp.nextradio

and fwiw, if you have the headphones plugged in (needed for the fm antenna) you can select play through speakers from the pull down menu in the top right corner.
    htc One M8, Galaxy s4 retired, htc Thunderbolt retired

Sent from my Atari 2600
    skeleton rider likes this.

Default Re: HTC ONE (M8): FM Tuner availablity!

Quote Originally Posted by Marla Bond View Post
    I am using the HTC One M8 by Verizon. FM Radio was not installed.
    On another site I discovered that other carriers use the NextRadio app. At first, the NextRadio app wouldn't Install because it is not allowed on my Verizon phone.
    So, I sneakily found the APK on internet.
    From the website I downloaded the file to my Verizon HTC M8. Using a file manager, I located the file on phone, tapped it, and it installed with no problem
    I am listening to the FM radio as I type this.
    Attached copy of the file.
    regards from Marla
    HI - cheeky, but any chance of a later version please? In the UK, so not able to obtain from Play. Cheers.

Default Re: HTC ONE (M8): FM Tuner availablity!

NextRadio is working for me. So far so good. Thanks for the info!

Thanks! I downloaded the APK on my Verizon M8 and so far there are no problems. I got NextRadio as well, so we'll see which one works better.

This worked perfectly fine.. Turned my wifi off and am listening to radio via a Headset while holding middle finger up to verizon and their greedy asses...

Too bad Nickleback is playing.. so theres that...

Thanks for the Drop Box link sir!!!!

Referring to post by Demetrios Boudakos

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios Bourdakos View Post
    Try this link

and good luck!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123