HTC One (M8): FM Tuner availablity!

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. It's weird. My old evo on sprint would always crash and phone rebooted automatically. This is the first time my m8 has crashed in the week I've had it. .... No warning, just listening to fm, and it stops and phone is restarting. Has to be am issue with the app

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon M8, and there is no FM radio app installed by default. The hardware is in the device, and I was able to use it by installing NextRadio from the play store (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.nextradioapp.nextradio&token=OIxLE9eM). It works just fine, but does require earbuds plugged in to act as an antenna.

Why does a company with a good network hate its customers so much? High prices, missing features, blacklisted phone models. Eck.

srparr

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Why does a company with a good network hate its customers so much? High prices, missing features, blacklisted phone models. Eck.

Wow. That's a bad case of "red" rage you've got there!

My post that you quoted was not trying to defend Verizon, but to let others know that the FM radio does exist & is easy to access, if you aren't concerned about using the stock FM app.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow. That's a bad case of "red" rage you've got there!

My post that you quoted was not trying to defend Verizon, but to let others know that the FM radio does exist & is easy to access, if you aren't concerned about using the stock FM app.

No I was just surprised. Sometimes, a carrier will cut the strangest things in its custom version. Like some T-Mobile phones having smaller batteries. But if Verizon didn't like kicking puppies so much I actually might be on their network right now.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have it on the ATT version. I think someone asked about playing through the built in speakers if you have headphones plugged in hit the speaker icon on bottom left corner and it will play through these speakers.

AMcKinley12

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The FM tuner was just newly enabled on the M8 on all carriers a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. Also, a great new radio app that you should try is NextRadio, it doesn't use up any data or battery life and is a great new, interactive way to listen to radio (I'm a radio lover too).

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The FM tuner was just newly enabled on the M8 on all carriers a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. Also, a great new radio app that you should try is NextRadio, it doesn't use up any data or battery life and is a great new, interactive way to listen to radio (I'm a radio lover too).

Yep, got it, been using NextRadio for a while now. Great app.

Posted with my CleanROM M8

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

NextRadio is...okayish. Not great. Does use some data pulling location based station info. I still really like the elegance of my old brick Nokia's radio, it had 20 preset slots and the most efficient UI.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
NextRadio is...okayish. Not great. Does use some data pulling location based station info. I still really like the elegance of my old brick Nokia's radio, it had 20 preset slots and the most efficient UI.

Yeah, I still use my 1960s old pocket transistor radio with the wire antenna and dial knobs. It doesn't use any data, and only a 9v battery for power.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I still use my 1960s old pocket transistor radio with the wire antenna and dial knobs. It doesn't use any data, and only a 9v battery for power.

It better be made out of wood. 60's modems were made out of wood. And besides Elvis was better on a vacuum tube, that's why they made desktop motherboards with vacuum amp sound for the classic feel. Also because vacuum cathodes justify a windowed tower case.

Jokes aside, the ole bugger still does 15hrs of FM and I won't cry if I hit it with the lawnmower. So I don't see myself using the FM on my new phone as much as I do my Shoutcast client...which is a good test of cellular radio performance.

cjr4497

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Fm tuner works great on my verizon m8. I couldn't download from the play store though. I had to use the links in this thread.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

LenAsh

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE (M8): FM Tuner availablity!

I am using the HTC One M8 by Verizon. FM Radio was not installed.
On another site I discovered that other carriers use the NextRadio app. At first, the NextRadio app wouldn't Install because it is not allowed on my Verizon phone.
So, I sneakily found the APK on internet.
From the website I downloaded the file to my Verizon HTC M8. Using a file manager, I located the file on phone, tapped it, and it installed with no problem
I am listening to the FM radio as I type this.
Attached copy of the file.
regards from Marla

HI - cheeky, but any chance of a later version please? In the UK, so not able to obtain from Play. Cheers.

Jpang98

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I downloaded the APK on my Verizon M8 and so far there are no problems. I got NextRadio as well, so we'll see which one works better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm