Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): First Android ever! can the volume rocker be disabled for ringer?

Ok, so I was a longtime Blackberry holdout, and finally made the jump to the M8.

So far it is taking a lot to get used to it. One thing I really hate so far is that if I'm in silent/vibe mode for my ringer, and I accidentally knock the rocker, it goes full silent and I miss all kinds of calls and texts. Can the phone volume adjustment be software only and disable that feature on the rocker? rocker should only be used for music and in call volume only!

please help, I'm a sheep lost in the Forrest of this thing

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: First Android ever! can the volume rocker be disabled for ringer?

I don't think you can make it work that way except for maybe with some sort of app. The button shouldn't affect anything if the screen is off but I don't have the new phone yet.

Sent from my HTC EVOLTE using Tapatalk 4 Pro.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + Nexus 9 + G Watch R

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Re: First Android ever! can the volume rocker be disabled for ringer?

I'd love a solution for this as well. I had CM on my M7, and it allowed the user to disassociate the volume rocker from the ringtone volume. But I don't believe that option exists in stock Android or with HTC Sense. If anybody knows of an app for this, please let us know! Thanks.

Default Re: HTC One (M8): First Android ever! can the volume rocker be disabled for ringer?

You can try this app, haven't tried it myself so I don't know how well it will work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b.volumelocker