Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Verizon HTC One (M8): Hangouts app issue??

Anyone else using Google Hangouts for your messaging app and having issues sending MMS messages while connected to WIFI? I had this issue on my prior phone (Galaxy Nexus) and although some of the roms I used tried to fix it, seems this issue has popped up again for me with the HTC. Is this a Kitkat problem? An HTC issue or just the Hangouts app?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-27-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Default Re: Verizon HTC One (M8): Hangouts app issue??

same exact thing happening to me on t-mobile with hangouts on wifi on m8, been searching but havent found a solution yet

My MMS messages go through eventually, but it retries several times, both on WiFi and LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdelia View Post
    My MMS messages go through eventually, but it retries several times, both on WiFi and LTE.
    I'm on a different device, but I have had no issues sending mms with the recent updated version of hangouts. Have you guys tried using the stock app for mms to make sure it's just not the hangouts app?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

If you have the T-Mobile variant check to see if WIFI CALLING is enabled.

I found that I had MMS issues when WIFI CALLING was enabled. SMS seemed to be fine, but MMS wouldn't work as it wouldn't allow access to the radio. If I disabled WIFI calling it was fine and WIFI itself could remain on.

yes i have wifi calling connected i did also try stock messaging app, same issue....

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

It's WIFI CALLING, probably. It's something between that and MMS.

As mentioned above I had the same issue, but the moment I disabled WIFI CALLING the issue cleared up. It only happens on WIFI when WIFI CALLING is enabled for me. My guess, without any real research, is it's trying to access the radio and can't access the radio right to send/receive the MMS message and it's failing.

does it matter what setting you have wifi calling on? i have mune set as cellular preferred

Quote Originally Posted by cclautti View Post
    does it matter what setting you have wifi calling on? i have mune set as cellular preferred

Turn it off.

I also found if i turn wireless off, the MMS goes immediately.

ok, but it defeats the purpose if i have to turn off my wifi everytime i need to send/receive a mms...

turned off wifi calling, still doesnt work without completely turning off wifi