Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree18Likes
  • 14 Post By AshtonVibe
  • 1 Post By AshtonVibe
  • 1 Post By BobR1908
  • 1 Post By GrooveRite
  • 1 Post By Pinkman.
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Day Two with the All New HTC One (M8)

So far, I love this thing. It is a great improvement over the M7. To compare the best way, the M8, fixes a lot of the issues from the M7.

Camera issues, gone. Also, you can use the camera easily. In landscape mode, I was able to assign the volume up and down keys as the zoom function, and tap to capture. It feels like I'm actually using a camera. Front facing camera is AMAZING. Of course if you didn't know, it's 5MP, and very clear. I will tell you the quality of the photos are better.

Battery, lasts awhile and charges fast.
    The swipe features from the sleep mode adds a HUGE convenience.

You WILL get your lock screen wallpaper ability back, and can remove that lock screen widget option.

You get an extra home screen, with ability still to turn off Blinkered, of course.

The sound is NOTICEABLY better.
    The phone is bigger, but honestly, doesn't feel bigger in the hand, as you might think (which is good).

You can change font style, which looks great.

The auto answer feature, when in sleep mode, is actually extremely quick. As soon as the phone was an inch to my ear, I said hello a bit early, but my friend still heard it clearly, and actually surprised her a bit.

I love when the phone times out, and I just swiped up, and as quickly as it turned off, I was back on the phone where I left off, without a glitch in any app so far.

The AnTuTu benchmark test, ranks this phone as top dog. Camera modes are fantastic, and feels great.

You can now clear all running apps with one click.

The phone mixes colors on the phone display very nicely, and it's a smooth phone.

Much much more to talk about, and the phones feels excellent. Very smooth, shiny, not too heavy. Great interface, and great improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Day Two with the All New HTC One (M8)

Also on day two.

Have they removed the ability to have the task button act as the menu option or have they buried that option?

Agree with your camera statements.

Have noticed a tinny sound when speaking on bluetooth via my car's system. My One Max and former Droid Maxx sounded much better via bluetooth.

Battery life is surprisingly good.

So far a nice upgrade.

which camera issues from the M7 "are gone"?

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    which camera issues from the M7 "are gone"?
    He's probably talking about the purple tint issues the M7 had.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Does the M8 feel slippery? Are you afraid of it slipping out of your hand when you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizfunctions View Post
    He's probably talking about the purple tint issues the M7 had.

I doubt it. Those issues developed over time and werent apparent at launch.

It is definitely more slippery than the m7. I would say that's because of the curve of the back of the phone rather than the finish, but I definitely think it's more so than the original One. I have already dropped mine once, but it didn't do any damage

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    It is definitely more slippery than the m7. I would say that's because of the curve of the back of the phone rather than the finish, but I definitely think it's more so than the original One. I have already dropped mine once, but it didn't do any damage

Which color of the phone do you have?

Gunmetal grey, the only color available from att right now

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

I am pleasantly surprised with how well this device is put together. The build and the software. I had all of last year's flagships but decided this year I wasn't going to do that. So it was between this and the S5. After the announcement it was confirmed for me that this would be the one I'd buy. I was a little worried about the size but not a problem for me. Battery life has been great so far and camera better than the M7 right now. My last android was the nexus 5 so this camera is a slight upgrade lol. But everything is working well. Sense 6 is smooth. No stuttering or hiccups as of yet. Well put together device. I don't know if it's the best but it's pretty darn close.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I will admit, the camera is better than I thought. I can't stay off my phone. I remembered the M7, at launch, but not this good. The 3D effect, cut and paste, stickers. I'm here at work, for a tech company, and I get a lot of huddled around me all morning so far. I love it. And the Panorama is EASY to use, and very nice.

The phone can be slippery I guess, and I have not dropped it once. It is curvy, solid, shiney. Speaking of shiny, I love that chrome inlay on the camera back. It sparkles.

I'll have to get on my iPad to post pictures, but I'd love to show everyone soon.

cizzlen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AshtonVibe View Post
    I will admit, the camera is better than I thought. I can't stay off my phone. I remembered the M7, at launch, but not this good. The 3D effect, cut and paste, stickers. I'm here at work, for a tech company, and I get a lot of huddled around me all morning so far. I love it. And the Panorama is EASY to use, and very nice.

The phone can be slippery I guess, and I have not dropped it once. It is curvy, solid, shiney. Speaking of shiny, I love that chrome inlay on the camera back. It sparkles.

I'll have to get on my iPad to post pictures, but I'd love to show everyone soon.

iPad and an a new Android flagship. Best of all worlds

I doubt it. Those issues developed over time and werent apparent at launch.

Really... you know this as fact??

if so please post a link.

I have two m8's that vary in quality.... One has a yellow warmer tinted screen one has a more blue cooler screen. Also, one has a stiff volume rocker and the other a loose one that jiggles.... Other than that the phone is great and my gf doesn't seem to care that her's has a warmer tinted screen....

Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
    Really... you know this as fact??

if so please post a link.
    Just search the M7 threads and you'll see for yourself.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Just search the M7 threads and you'll see for yourself.

If you're not interested in responding in a helpful way, then it's best to refrain from posting. I suggest taking the time to review the forum rules, a portion of which is quoted below:

"Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond."

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-27-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    If you're not interested in responding in a helpful way, then it's best to refrain from posting. I suggest taking the time to review the forum rules, a portion of which is quoted below:

"Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond."

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    No disrespect was intended.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-27-2014 at 08:42 PM.

To each their own, I am very particular with my electronics and if I am spending money on a new phone I am expecting it to arrive in my hands without any physical or performance issues.

In my personal opinion, a tinted or off color screen is unacceptable. The screen is one of the most important aspects of our phones, if not the most important. Credit to her for being alright with the apparent screen issue, it would drive me nuts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkman. View Post
    I have two m8's that vary in quality.... One has a yellow warmer tinted screen one has a more blue cooler screen. Also, one has a stiff volume rocker and the other a loose one that jiggles.... Other than that the phone is great and my gf doesn't seem to care that her's has a warmer tinted screen....
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013
    GrooveRite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post
    To each their own, I am very particular with my electronics and if I am spending money on a new phone I am expecting it to arrive in my hands without any physical or performance issues.

In my personal opinion, a tinted or off color screen is unacceptable. The screen is one of the most important aspects of our phones, if not the most important. Credit to her for being alright with the apparent screen issue, it would drive me nuts lol.
    Same here, lol! I mean its the main thing you seen every time you use your phone.....c'mon!! This applies to any companies device.
    BobR1908 likes this.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkman. View Post
    I hate when this sort of crap happens. I feel like it always happens with HTC but sure it happens to other manufacturers as well. I remember in the past people would point our that they used a couple different suppliers for screens . But I remember last year with the M7 I noticed differences in two phones next to each other.

Nice day 2 impressions.

Just want to know - does the phone slow down at all? Have you noticed any hiccups when navigating the UI, firing up the camera, playing videos, scrolling through blinkfeed?

I know it sounds like a trivial issue, but I'm really pedantic about extremely smooth UI operation. I hate when a phone hangs or stutters.

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Same here, lol! I mean its the main thing you seen every time you use your phone.....c'mon!! This applies to any companies device.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtblair24 View Post
    I hate when this sort of crap happens. I feel like it always happens with HTC but sure it happens to other manufacturers as well. I remember in the past people would point our that they used a couple different suppliers for screens . But I remember last year with the M7 I noticed differences in two phones next to each other.

Tell me about it! I took both phones into a dark room cranked up the brightness and its so obviously dingy and yellow. The rattling volume rocker is starting to annoy her, more than likely we will be exchanging hers.
    BobR1908 likes this.