Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Battery Life

Quote Originally Posted by Scottc72 View Post
    I cant figure out whats wrong with my settings but take a look at this and tell me what you think. My screen brightness is set half way and auto brightness is checked. Im barely using this thing. My carrier is Verizon. under app usage kernel is 25%, android system is 1.3% and everything else under 1%
    under screen it says discharge while on is 3% and while off is 45%
    Im barely using this and it is not making me happy.
    Correct me if im wrong but it says I used the phone for 28:10 and used 27% of batt.. I unplugged at about 8 am and by about 5:00 its alerting me at 14% I love the phone but something is out of whack. Completely turned off wifi today to see if it helped, but no it didnt..
    I switched from sprint with the M7 because of terrible reception but loved the phone...
    Anyone have any ideas?

Attachment 111515
    Look at your Held Awake time...something is keeping your phone awake and not allowing it to deep sleep when you're not using it. Check your apps.

Does the Held Awake not ensure that the data connection is kept on and therefore allow you to receive emails, keep streaming apps playing music etc?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by quarrymanpaul View Post
    Does the Held Awake not ensure that the data connection is kept on and therefore allow you to receive emails, keep streaming apps playing music etc?

From the Gsam user guide

[I]Held Awake: This is the amount of time that the phone appears to be sleeping (screen is off), but some application is preventing the phone from going into a deep sleep. This is one of the chief indicators of unneeded battery drain. This is similar to the 'Idle' value in the built-in battery usage, however we don't include the screen on time to help with clarity.
    Battery Saving Tip: Apps should not wake your phone up out of a deep sleep. If the Held Awake time seems high to you, go into the App Sucker task, and sort by 'Time Held Awake', and 'Num Times Waking Device'. This can help you identify a misbehaving app/I]

I don't think data connection to receive emails would be reflected here, but if you were streaming music during that time then, yes it would be awake by virtue of the running app.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I have been getting fantastic battery life. This was a little bit slower than normal day, but the fact that I can get almost two days out of it on a slow day means I'm not worried at all about a heavy day of use.
    HTC One (M8): Battery Life-battery-life.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I would have to see your screenshot of 7 hour battery time to see the M8 getting that without charging sometime in between. The only reason is because in your screenshot your phone radio was only on for 6 hours and 41 minutes. So in under 7 hours (with 1 hour and 18 minutes of screen time) you are already at 47 % battery. So the phone being on for 7 hours and the screen as well for those 7 hours without ever being plugged in doesn't really add up ....
    Here's your screenshot buddy. 7hrs screen on time. Very good battery life indeed

HTC One (M8): Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1397099784050.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

And here's one more to prove that I have not charged it since this morning

HTC One (M8): Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1397099951008.jpg

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Great battery so far 17 hours still have 33% battery

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Here's your screenshot buddy. 7hrs screen on time. Very good battery life indeed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397099784050.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	111655

Then I stand corrected not bad at all. Lots of wifi definitely helped that.. I thought you meant on mobile all day so that changes my perspective for sure. Which is my fault since I don't have wifi during the day so my mind defaults to mobile only.. My bad.

No bad intentions meant.. All I asked was for proof on a claim you made .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Then I stand corrected not bad at all. Lots of wifi definitely helped that.. I thought you meant on mobile all day so that changes my perspective for sure. Which is my fault since I don't have wifi during the day so my mind defaults to mobile only.. My bad.

Honestly I would have doubted this claim as well. I have the M7 and get half the battery life. Nice to see HTC has made strides in the battery optimization department.

That 801 doesn't hurt either

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

No bad intentions taken! I would have questioned that claim too

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234