HTC One (M8): Battery Life

breugel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
At 1PM I took it off the charger at 100% and went in to my customer. I am in the middle of nowhere and for 3.5 hours at one bar or less signal. I made a few calls and every 15 min my email polls. At 4:30 it was at 75%. This is with wifi and BT on and showing the phone off so I had about 30 min screen time. My M7 would be about 55% and I normally cant make calls due to poor signal. I am happy

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
After my first full day with the phone, I am very happy. I took it off the charger around 6am and put it on the charger at 10pm. At 10pm I had 39% battery life. I used the phone frequently during the day for texts, emails, videos (a few), and pictures. I would characterize the use as moderate.

My Droid DNA did not come close to this battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the S4 was not very good compared to what's out now. I haven't had the chance yet to run my battery down but for the life of me I could not imagine getting at least 6-8+ hours of screen time on a charge. I am running it hard, when the honeymoon wears off I could see the M8 maybe lasting me 2 days.....guess we shall see. Can you imagine how many days that we can add when they release the power saving feature? The M8 totally rocks.
Absolutely ridiculous, would never have expected that kind of screen on time. Remember last year when we thought 6 hours on our S4 was good? Haha. Still using Battery Guru?

markdc111

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Overall the battery has been great. When I went to sleep Tuesday night, I had 65% battery and woke up with 61% i think, which is great. Weds into Thurs was pretty much the same as the previous night.

But when I went to sleep last night, I let it charge to 100% before going to sleep. When I woke up my battery was at 60%? I didn't have anything running overnight. The battery usage has been normal since I started using it when I woke up. I can't figure out why it drained like that overnight.

I left WiFi on Tuesday night and remembered to turn it off last night thinking that would prevent any more usage.

I'm an *****. Found out what happened. Ignore this. Battery is amazing! haha

Last edited:

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Overall the battery has been great. When I went to sleep Tuesday night, I had 65% battery and woke up with 61% i think, which is great. Weds into Thurs was pretty much the same as the previous night.

But when I went to sleep last night, I let it charge to 100% before going to sleep. When I woke up my battery was at 60%? I didn't have anything running overnight. The battery usage has been normal since I started using it when I woke up. I can't figure out why it drained like that overnight.

I left WiFi on Tuesday night and remembered to turn it off last night thinking that would prevent any more usage.

I'm an *****. Found out what happened. Ignore this. Battery is amazing! haha

WiFi is going to be less draining than 3G/4G. Perhaps it was just all your stuff syncing over that connection all night.

EDIT: responded before I saw your update. Out of curiosity what was the problem?

npong

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So everyone says turn auto brightness off? Do you all just manually change it from the notifications pull down quick settings or use Lux or something like it?

Thanks in advance

markdc111

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
WiFi is going to be less draining than 3G/4G. Perhaps it was just all your stuff syncing over that connection all night.

EDIT: responded before I saw your update. Out of curiosity what was the problem?

Turns out I forgot to change my alarm that was 2 hours earlier from the previous day. When it went off at 5:30 am, I somehow managed to dial #w (that's what it says in my call log, no clue what it means. Never did that before) and hit send. I fell back asleep and the call apparently kept going until I woke up again 2.5 hours later. I must've ended the call without realizing when I woke back up.

Very strange.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Turns out I forgot to change my alarm that was 2 hours earlier from the previous day. When it went off at 5:30 am, I somehow managed to dial #w (that's what it says in my call log, no clue what it means. Never did that before) and hit send. I fell back asleep and the call apparently kept going until I woke up again 2.5 hours later. I must've ended the call without realizing when I woke back up.

Very strange.

Haha, definitely strange, but yeah, that'll do it.

Time_tells

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Pretty impressed with battery life, took it off charger about 8am, and used it as I normally do, had the fitbit app running using the phones monitors, using it through the day to check twitter and G+ listening to music and podcasts for at least 4hours, haven't used it much this evening but sporadic checking and what not, and I am now on 57%.

Previous experience with the Nexus 5 I would be dead and buried right now, when I arrived home normally it would be on about 40% and would drain through out the evening.

Oh and its mixture of wi-fi and 4G signal, downloading on both

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is perfect, on the HTC M8 for AT&T. I have a ritual on manageing any phone's battery consumption. I had moderate to, a couple of heavy usage sessions. I had my phone fully charged at 9am, yesterday, and am now at 43%! Amazing. People feel they shouldn't have to do anything to save battery. False. I did a trick on the M7, and intentionally only used it up to moderate at best. I made it to 26 hours I kid you not. This phone, even better, one more hour till 24 hours.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is perfect, on the HTC M8 for AT&T. I have a ritual on manageing any phone's battery consumption. I had moderate to, a couple of heavy usage sessions. I had my phone fully charged at 9am, yesterday, and am now at 43%! Amazing. People feel they shouldn't have to do anything to save battery. False. I did a trick on the M7, and intentionally only used it up to moderate at best. I made it to 26 hours I kid you not. This phone, even better, one more hour till 24 hours.

You phone is lasting, but are you actively using it? For ex, what is your screen on time?

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What's everyone getting for kernel use? Seems high to me.
ebunaqaz.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I am currently at 8 hours and 8 minutes with moderate usage and have 68% of my battery left. The battery life is very good.

I just switched from a Droid DNA, and I can tell you that I am usually at about 35% at this time of the day.

I am absolutely impressed.

I too switched over from the Droid DNA and can confirm this.

Battery life on the M8 is awesome so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12