Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?

Since I came by this thread and no one seems to have posted this. If you're rooted and have xposed there is a solution...

Disable Sense 6 lockscreen widget | Xposed Module Repository

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?

Am also looking for a solution for this!!
    Its very annoying not able to have lockscreen the way we want.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWu View Post
    I'm new to HTC so I don't know if you could do this on the M7 or not - I would rather use dash clock on the lock screen and I see that by enabling lock screen widgets, it allows me to add the Dash Clock widget, but it won't let me remove the HTC clock widget. This wouldn't be a problem except the "home" lockscreen is the default HTC widget and I want the "home" lockscreen to be the dash clock, and I don't see a way to correct this. I don't want to have to swipe to get to dashclock as it defeats the whole purpose. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
    I've managed to find a way to remove that annoying lock screen widget... You have to be rooted to be able to do this.... First you will need to download xposed installer... Then in the download section... Search for "disable sense 6 lock screen widget" apply the module and make sure you install the framework first otherwise it will NOT work and then reboot... This took me ages to find and I know there are people who don't like this widget because they prefer there own like myself (dashclock)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I was hope for a way to do this without root but it looks like that's the only option for now unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Unless you install a different launcher, like Nova

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
    Take care!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I am running Nova, it can't make the default lock screen go away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have the HTC ONE M7 with Verizon and I tried to do this the same way as I do it with the Nexus 7. The default widget does not go away.

I don't care so much about the lock screen. I would like the clock widget on my HOME screen to match the one I see on the LOCK screen. I like the look of it without the border/box/whatever you call it. Those boxes make me think of tiles on Windows phones and I have serious Windows 8 hate.

If there is a way to change the appearance of the clock widget, to get rid of the pale white border, I'd love to hear about it.

in settings go to location and switch off the location and enable it again it would work when you select first 2 options in location bar

Go to Security > Clear credentials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12