Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default HTC One (M8): Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?

I'm new to HTC so I don't know if you could do this on the M7 or not - I would rather use dash clock on the lock screen and I see that by enabling lock screen widgets, it allows me to add the Dash Clock widget, but it won't let me remove the HTC clock widget. This wouldn't be a problem except the "home" lockscreen is the default HTC widget and I want the "home" lockscreen to be the dash clock, and I don't see a way to correct this. I don't want to have to swipe to get to dashclock as it defeats the whole purpose. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Default Re: Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?

Hold your finger down on the widget and drag up to remove.

Done.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?

Nope, that doesn't work on the lock screen widget. The remove option is greyed out. Only option is to edit it. Have you tried it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSM's UKB

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Hold your finger down on the widget and drag up to remove.

Done.

Just wanted to chime in as I would like the option to do this as well. However, when trying to remove the stock widget, the remove option is greyed out. Would I be missing a setting somewhere that allows this?

Thanked by:

Works for me, I have it on Verizon.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

And you're talking about the widget on the lock screen right? Not the home screen?

I can't do it either is grayed out!

Posted via Android Central App

try going to settings/security and click enable lock screen widgets.

that should allow you to remove / replace the lock screen items
    skeleton rider likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    try going to settings/security and click enable lock screen widgets.

that should allow you to remove / replace the lock screen items
    Yeah, tried that, doesn't work. Like I said, it does allow me to add the dashclock widget with it enabled but won't let me put it on the first screen and it won't let me remove the default weather clock widget.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Was able to get some screenshots to demonstrate the problem:

First the default widget - "Remove" option is greyed out:
    HTC One (M8): Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?-3dzjzty.jpg

This is the DashClock widget "Remove" option is available:
    HTC One (M8): Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?-n3el1tw.jpg

interesting, i tried with my att m8 and it didn't work either.

god i hate how the carriers mess with things that have no impact on them
    Nexus 5 // Lumia 1020

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?

Anyway to fix this

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    interesting, i tried with my att m8 and it didn't work either.

god i hate how the carriers mess with things that have no impact on them
    Pretty sure that's HTC's doing...

Quote Originally Posted by DrWu View Post
    Was able to get some screenshots to demonstrate the problem:

First the default widget - "Remove" option is greyed out:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dzjzty.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	109812

This is the DashClock widget "Remove" option is available:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N3El1tW.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	109813
    That's your lock screen, you can't remove it. You can add widgets though and swipe to see other widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    That's your lock screen, you can't remove it. You can add widgets though and swipe to see other widgets.

It's not the lock screen, it's HTC's default lockscreen widget. On stock Android, this can be moved to the right, so a secondary widget (ie Dashclock or Nils) can become the default.

I haven't found any way to do this on my M8 yet (UK, Three version).

I've found exactly the same thing, must be an HTC thing that you have to have their lockscreen widget as default
    Hopefully they'll release a fix for this and soon.

I've found a workaround of sorts.
    If you install the floating notifications for Nils they show up on the default lockscreen and you can rearrange them to fit underneath the stock lockscreen widget.

Not ideal but sort of achieves it

Now, if only there was a way to get the lockscreen to show unread notifications on the shortcuts.

Where in settings can you edit the time/weather app city or how often it syncs?

Edit: Nevermind I found it

Is there an option to delete this yet or are we still stuck having to use the stock one?

Thanks,

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Unfortunately I haven't heard of anything new in regards to it....I hate to admit it but I'm gradually becoming accustomed to it. I do want my Dashclock. #womp

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I'm on Verizon, and I can't remove it.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Anyway to get rid of the built in time/weather widget on the lock screen?

Somewhat annoying but with the dot view case its no longer an issue. Opening the cover unlocks the phone....

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

This is my biggest annoyance with this phone. No reason I should not be able to customize my default lockscreen. Major WTF htc!

There are SOME customizations you can do to the lockscreen under SETTINGS-SECURITY and under the LOCK SCREEN section. You can't add other widgets, but you can add additional information to the lockscreen similar to Dashclock. Not a replacement for other widgets mind, but better than just the clock/weather widget.
    skeleton rider likes this.

Helloy,

Whats the font you're using ?

Thank you
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Farhat View Post
    Helloy,

Whats the font you're using ?

Thank you
    Font is HandelGothic reminds me a bit of the fonts used in Star Trek.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.handelgothic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast