HTC One (M8): Question about Wifi notification + lock screen

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So two questions.
- First is about the lock screen, I want to use DashClock widget and it did not seem to replace the lock screen but add a second one. How do I replace the default if possible
- Second is about the image below. I want to know if I can disable the "Wifi available" notification from showing up. I had Android 4.1.2 and there was an option in settings to disable that notification.

tyrupumy.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Question: Wifi notification + lock screen

Not sure about the widget but you disable the notification in settings here as well.

Settings>WiFi>setttings>advainced. First option to toggle.

Posted via Android Central App

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question: Wifi notification + lock screen

Not sure about the widget but you disable the notification in settings here as well.

Settings>WiFi>setttings>advainced. First option to toggle.

Posted via Android Central App

That is disabled. That is only for when entering apps, I get it when not entering apps

Sent from my HTC One(M8)

Trellis

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
The Wifi Notification constantly popping up on status Bar has driven me crazy since Day 1. I called HTC support yesterday and the tech told me that both at&t and Verizon they had both do that when wifi is enabled but not connected it will keep alerting in status bar. Only way to stop the notification is to disable wifi when you aren't using it. Pretty Stupid if you ask me.

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Which version doesn't do it? T-Mobile and Sprint? I just bought the Verizon version to replace my Moto X which didn't do it and now I'm getting this annoying "Connect to [whatever WiFi]" every time I turn on the phone if it's been asleep for more than 15 minutes. There's no option to disabled this and I've already disabled "Network notification (Notify whenever a public network is available)" (not the same thing) and "Show Wi-Fi pop-up (When launching apps, notify me when Wi-Fi is available)" (also not the same thing because it happens when I'm not launching apps).

I'm currently not seeing how to disable this on the M8 and I'm not sure why it doesn't happen on the Moto X. I can only assume HTC wanted it there or caved to pressure from Verizon and AT&T. It happened when the phone was on Android 4.4.2 and 5.0.1. I'm about to send the phone back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21