Sprint HTC One (M8): not receiving phone calls

El_Guyo_Loco

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This will be good news for some and bad news for others. It's not your phone that's messed up(Good news) it's sprints network(bad news). Their network couldn't handle all of the provisioning commands for the M8 and S5 that went through in the same week. So it killed the Network. BUT mainly just those areas that have Spark availble because Spark wasn't properly tested before it was released. Sprint never fully tests product/services before the put them out just so they can be the one to say we had it first.(just like they did with there version of 4G(wimax) yeah they had it first but when everyone else started their 4G(LTE) the speeds were 3-5 times faster an more consistant than Wimax and of course Sprint had to play catch up.

And now due to the "Spark Network" those of us with a M8 or S5 are S.O.L. until this gets resolved. I've had my M8 for 6 days and couldn't make or receive calls for 3 days and since then I can make a call but any and every call that last longer than 1 minute gets dropped. and internet HA! no facebooking for me unless it's on a wifi signal. The only way to get around this is to get a phone other than an M8 or S5.(although there are several other phones on Spark they work a little better because they were provisioned weeks and even months ago).

Now some M8s and S5s may be working because their provisioning commands made it through before everything went crazy but there are 100 of thousands of phones that did not.And this is only happening on Sprints network, other carries phones are working as designed.

For the recotd I'm not hating on Sprint I have had them for 15 years, I just wanted to let you all know what's going on.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I've done all of that, even a few times lol. It's weird that when I switch to CDMA/lte , I'll get calls and text for while and the gone , no more calls and text . But if I switch to CDMA only I have totally no issues

I recommend running the Update Profile and Update PRL at least one more time. I think the Sprint network is much better behaved now. I had a situation where Activation was partial, leaving my old phone with the data plan and my M8 with voice and text. Techs couldn't solve issue. I was going to return phone Monday morning, but the office became busy. In the afternoon I noticed my old phone no longer had data. The new phone had it instead. Down came a stream of Sprint bloatware!

But no phone calls. Profile and PRL updates solved that. A day later I needed to do it again, but Ill take that over bifurcated service!

Mulla34

May 2, 2014
Visit site
This is so funny , I just went through 3 tech services and they didnt say one thing that you said, I switched my M8 to 3G and now I can receive call... Thats so sid

lpieretti

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have no fix but my HTC LTE EVO has been doin that and not recieving voicemails and not recievng texts since last Nov! My grandfather died and I found out 4 days later. I've almost lost my job because of my type of work, I have to have a working phone! I've done soft resets hard resets, network refreshers ##72786# hundreds of times. I've even took it in, got a loner for a week while I waited for them, (best buy), to send me another HTC LTE! So if the problem is what u say, then I need to get a different phone all together? I've even been waiting fo some air rave or air wave to come from sprint that they assure me will solve all my problems, a year later, but its been weeks and I haven't recieved anything. Ugh

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no fix but my HTC LTE EVO has been doin that and not recieving voicemails and not recievng texts since last Nov! My grandfather died and I found out 4 days later. I've almost lost my job because of my type of work, I have to have a working phone! I've done soft resets hard resets, network refreshers ##72786# hundreds of times. I've even took it in, got a loner for a week while I waited for them, (best buy), to send me another HTC LTE! So if the problem is what u say, then I need to get a different phone all together? I've even been waiting fo some air rave or air wave to come from sprint that they assure me will solve all my problems, a year later, but its been weeks and I haven't recieved anything. Ugh
Welcome to the One M8 forum, your EVO LTE is a little behind but still a a good phone.
In all honesty if your job / communication i so important you need to find a carrier that better suits your needs.

Billy Futter

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Im having the exatc same bloody problem i get home and my parents are moanimg at me saying why havnt i answerd my phone and im having trouble recieving texts and calls it dont even come up saying they have tried contacting me

Karamilla

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi

For the below case, it was network compatibility issue.

Device type:
HTC M9

Problem symptoms:
1. While on LTE mobile does not receive voice calls ( CS Fall Back for incoming calls in idle and data transfer mode not working)
2. Outgoing calls takes comparatively longer time
3. 4G DL throughput is low ( Max ~ 8 Mbps)

Root cause:
The message length sent by the device (HTC M9) to the LTE network for its “class mark” is not matching with the buffer size on LTE network sites (e-NodeB), therefore the handset capability was not decoded properly. One of those missed capabilities due the buffer size is the “CSFB” that enable the device to have calls on LTE.

Recommend resolution:
To increase the buffer size on e-NodeB to enable the NW to decode the device capability

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi

For the below case, it was network compatibility issue.

Device type:
HTC M9

Problem symptoms:
1. While on LTE mobile does not receive voice calls ( CS Fall Back for incoming calls in idle and data transfer mode not working)
2. Outgoing calls takes comparatively longer time
3. 4G DL throughput is low ( Max ~ 8 Mbps)

Root cause:
The message length sent by the device (HTC M9) to the LTE network for its “class mark” is not matching with the buffer size on LTE network sites (e-NodeB), therefore the handset capability was not decoded properly. One of those missed capabilities due the buffer size is the “CSFB” that enable the device to have calls on LTE.

Recommend resolution:
To increase the buffer size on e-NodeB to enable the NW to decode the device capability

Where did you get this information?
And if so, can we increase e-NodeB buffer size on the phone side, or does this have to be done on the network side?