Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): stream music wireless (bluetooth) and front speakers-

hello-.

1, does the M8 allow you to stream music through bluetooth?

2,would you say the boomsound throgh the front speakers are noticeably louder then the M7.... (25% louder accourding to HTC).

THANKS-
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-28-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,139 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One(M8) two questions- stream music wireless (bluetooth) and front speakers-

Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
    hello-.

1, does the M8 allow you to stream music through bluetooth?

2,would you say the boomsound throgh the front speakers are noticeably louder then the M7.... (25% louder accourding to HTC).

THANKS-
    1. Yes.

2 .Yes.

Default Re: HTC One(M8) two questions- stream music wireless (bluetooth) and front speakers-

1) yes.
    2) no.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by metagrobolized View Post
    1) yes.
    2) no.

care to explain.... 1 post ill need more-

tthanks-

Default Re: HTC One(M8): stream music wireless (bluetooth) and front speakers-

Yes
    Yes

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, and yes. Also, this is the first Android phone that I've had where the track and artist info from Spotify actually displays on my car's audio head unit as I stream music through the bluetooth connection!! I was surprised and pleased when I say this coming home last night.

1.Yes.
    2.Yes. The highs are definitely louder. Very good with voice. I guess I would say that it's a fuller sound.

Yes and yes. I have done back to back tests with the m7 and m8 and it is noticeably louder

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Yes and definitely. I played desolation of smaug on both the M8 and M7. Yeah same mp4 file and these speakers on the mate were almost rumbling. Definitely an improvement.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom

@GolferChris68 - Does this mean the M8 can play music via BT to a car stereo? The BT/car connection on the phone shows a phone profile only, no audio and I can't work out if it's the phone or the car's stereo system which is at fault? Many forums say the HTC has a bluetooth fault, but then the audi sites I've looked on say that theirs a problem with the bluetooth stereo? Not sure where to look next? It never worked with my HTC ONE X either? Any ideas?

Default Re: HTC One (M8): stream music wireless (bluetooth) and front speakers-

How old is your stereo and have you updated the firmware on it. On most you can though finding the updates can be a major pain in the rear depending on the brand, especially if it's built in. For the most part you find the file you need, load it to the root of a USB key then plug it in. There will be a selection somewhere in the stereo settings to apply firmware updates. If it's a manufacturer installed unit often times you need to get a disc which they may or may not charge for if one is even available, especially if it's and older car. It's unlikely the phone itself is the problem. Just compatibility. It's not going to play nice on audio if the car stereo doesn't support the newer audio profiles.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Default Re: HTC One (M8): stream music wireless (bluetooth) and front speakers-

Does anyone know if the M8 can handle multiple BT connections simultaneously?

My car has phone only BT, which works really well. It also has an aux input which I've been using for music. Been thinking about getting one of those adapters that connect to phones over BT and then have an aux output for a car.

So, would i be able to connect to both at the same time while driving? And I it did, could I have it setup so the car keeps taking the calls, and they don't go through the BT adapter? (like, maybe there's a music only BT option for specific devices in the phone, or something like that).

Thanks