HTC One (M8): VZW Tether Issue?

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the M8 on launch day and I have been experiencing network dropouts while tethering. I know it isn't the network as I have a Moto X sitting right next to the M8 when this happens and it is working perfectly. The phone still shows signal, but data basically stops working for the tethered device and for the phone itself. If I shut off tethering, after a short while the phone can load web pages etc. again, but really a reboot is needed. This is an intermittent issue and I have not been able to put my finger on what is causing it. I am trying to recreate the issue with different combinations of settings and plan to try with a different laptop as it could be some odd thing with my wifi driver. If this continues I will also factory reset and try to recreate the issue while adding one app at a time. Figured I would throw it out to the community to see if anyone else is seeing such an issue. Anyone?

When my phone gets into this state, the upload arrow is constant, but no download. It may not be tether related, but I just notice it much more while tethering. More info to come.

Last edited by a moderator: