Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chase Nelson1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Repeat Notifications App

Just wanted to see if anyone had any success with a working repeat notifications app on the M8. Its important to me that my phone continually vibrate until I acknowledge that I have a notifications, especially for texts. I have tried a few apps like light on and phone ringer but I can't get them to work right. Both caused my LED light to blink all the time instead of just when I had a notification. The light isn't as important to me as repeat vibration and sound. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Repeat Notifications App

Have you tried SMS Popup for your texts? You can set how many reminders as well as time interval for reminders.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ill try it now. Thanks!

No problem
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

SMS Popup works pretty well. Not a ton of options, and only works for SMS, but it does work at least. That's more than I could say for the other ones I tried. If anyone has any other apps with more options, (like light flow), let us know. Thanks!
    VDub2174 likes this.

I've never tried this one but have you checked out Repeating Notifications in the Play Store?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Looks promising. Ill give it a try!

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Alright I tried it out. Works pretty well and has, from what I can tell, access to the notifications for every app there is. It's not super user friendly, and I wish there were some more options, but it gets the job done. I'm gonna stay with this for awhile. I'll report back any significant findings.

VDub2174 likes this.

Check out Smart Notify, it has repeated notifications also for missed calls, events and for notifications from other apps (eg.WhatsApp, Google+, Viber and so)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ma.smartnotify
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I tried smart notify and didn't like it very much. But I did want to take a second and tall about what's working great. I am using Repeating Notifications which we mentioned earlier. However, it can't turn the screen on for every repeat though. Why do I want the screen to turn on you ask? So it's easier to notice when I receive a text (or whatever) but also because I have a dot view case, and I wanna see dots when I get a notification! So I got a GREAT app called Notify Me! https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kranz.notifyme

This app can make the screen turn on and optionally display a pop-up for ANY APP you select. So. By selecting my messages app as well as my repeating notifications app within notify me, I now see dots for every text and every reminder of every text.

Some might not care much about this, but I'm happy with it

VDub2174 likes this.

I'm glad you found something that works for you! I'll have to try it out myself.