HTC One (M8) is gone

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Had it for two days and then sold it. Nice device, very high quality. Not the build quality of my 5S but it's close. Either way, build quality wasn't first on my list. Battery and Camera are pretty much one and two. The M8 gave me over 6 hours of screen time for each day that I had it. Not bad. The M8 camera wasn't as good as the 5S but on the other hand it was decent enough to get by for me. So what was the real killer for me? The length......the M8 is just ridiculously long. Felt funny and looked funny. I seriously couldn't get over the length. Felt like I was holding a metal banana. Anyway, I am officially standing in the S5 line. Had an S4 last year for a bit but the lag was terrible so I dumped it. Got to play with the S5 at BB the other day and kind of fell in love with how it felt in my hand so.......lets do this samsung. Please get it right this time for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 is gone.

Hope you enjoy your S5. Despite what people may think about Samsung, I think they make great devices. I got rid of my 5s for the Note 3 and couldn't be happier.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend and seeing both the M8 and S5. I'm not in the market at all but wanna see the hardware.

via the tablet

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. If the S5 is a winner then my 5S goes on Swappa. Just sold the M8 on Swappa a few minutes ago. Fantastic site.
Hope you enjoy your S5. Despite what people may think about Samsung, I think they make great devices. I got rid of my 5s for the Note 3 and couldn't be happier.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

You guys must have some small hands. The phone feels great in my hand and looks even better. I personally think the 5s is way too small and the s5 just looks terrible. To each the their own I guess

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

You guys must have some small hands. The phone feels great in my hand and looks even better. I personally think the 5s is way too small and the s5 just looks terrible. To each the their own I guess

You adjust to the size of the 5s...took me about 2 days. Now I love it.

via the tablet 📱

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I didn't nor would I ever want to adjust to be able to use a device comfortably. The m8 felt great since the moment I picked it up

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I didn't nor would I ever want to adjust to be able to use a device comfortably. The m8 felt great since the moment I picked it up

I was coming from a G2 and Optimus G Pro...5.5"...it was a good adjustment, the G Pro was huge. I got to move into two 5s', a Retina Mini and an Air. It was a fun time.

via the tablet 📱

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I think if you are switching devices that are decidedly different in form factor there is going to be a period of adjustment. Every time I switch devices there is an adjustment. The phone that feels the most natural to me to hold however would be the iPhone. But my preferred size is the size of my Nexus 5. I get the best of all worlds with this form factor.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Well according to Gary Oldman, the new HTC One isn't for everyone. So there you have it

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I think if you are switching devices that are decidedly different in form factor there is going to be a period of adjustment. Every time I switch devices there is an adjustment. The phone that feels the most natural to me to hold however would be the iPhone. But my preferred size is the size of my Nexus 5. I get the best of all worlds with this form factor.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Exactly my favorite phone is the HTC one and I still have it but it doesn't feel comfortable anymore I will buy a HTC one M8 mini in a heartbeat but the moto x is perfect for me maybe even a 4.5" phone because I use it for work and emails not games and videos

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

The device feels great but is slippery as hell. I need to get an Invisible Shield or similar on it to make it stick a little more.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

The device feels great but is slippery as hell. I need to get an Invisible Shield or similar on it to make it stick a little more.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

One of the concerns I have about the form factor is the curve on the back. I frequently use my phone while lying on my desk at my office. I use gesture typing exclusively at that point. With that curve, I could imagine that gesture typing while lying flat on on a desk would be a challenge. Have you experienced this as a problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Why did you sell it and not just return it?

I think the length is going to be the deal breaker for me too. I like the size of my G2 and really don't want anything taller.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

HTC is my iPhone fix for android it like every since they settled things between the two the design has been somewhat similar but then again HTC has always made very well designed phones going back to the windows mobile 6 days but i love both OS's and for 6months i am on android and the other 6 on iOS HTC has my money and apple. I also love the GNote 3 the only samsung device i will ever claim as a keeper. IJS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan