Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Default HTC One (M8) is gone

Had it for two days and then sold it. Nice device, very high quality. Not the build quality of my 5S but it's close. Either way, build quality wasn't first on my list. Battery and Camera are pretty much one and two. The M8 gave me over 6 hours of screen time for each day that I had it. Not bad. The M8 camera wasn't as good as the 5S but on the other hand it was decent enough to get by for me. So what was the real killer for me? The length......the M8 is just ridiculously long. Felt funny and looked funny. I seriously couldn't get over the length. Felt like I was holding a metal banana. Anyway, I am officially standing in the S5 line. Had an S4 last year for a bit but the lag was terrible so I dumped it. Got to play with the S5 at BB the other day and kind of fell in love with how it felt in my hand so.......lets do this samsung. Please get it right this time for me.
    cizzlen likes this.

Global Posts
    1,968 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Default Re: HTC One M8 is gone.

Hope you enjoy your S5. Despite what people may think about Samsung, I think they make great devices. I got rid of my 5s for the Note 3 and couldn't be happier.
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend and seeing both the M8 and S5. I'm not in the market at all but wanna see the hardware.

via the tablet
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Thanks. If the S5 is a winner then my 5S goes on Swappa. Just sold the M8 on Swappa a few minutes ago. Fantastic site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    Hope you enjoy your S5. Despite what people may think about Samsung, I think they make great devices. I got rid of my 5s for the Note 3 and couldn't be happier.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

The M8 felt great in the Verizon store but after using it for a day I just couldn't get past the freaky long thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Thanks. If the S5 is a winner then my 5S goes on Swappa. Just sold the M8 on Swappa a few minutes ago. Fantastic site.

You guys must have some small hands. The phone feels great in my hand and looks even better. I personally think the 5s is way too small and the s5 just looks terrible. To each the their own I guess

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    You guys must have some small hands. The phone feels great in my hand and looks even better. I personally think the 5s is way too small and the s5 just looks terrible. To each the their own I guess

You adjust to the size of the 5s...took me about 2 days. Now I love it.

via the tablet 📱

I didn't nor would I ever want to adjust to be able to use a device comfortably. The m8 felt great since the moment I picked it up

Thanked by:
    isitme 
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I didn't nor would I ever want to adjust to be able to use a device comfortably. The m8 felt great since the moment I picked it up

I was coming from a G2 and Optimus G Pro...5.5"...it was a good adjustment, the G Pro was huge. I got to move into two 5s', a Retina Mini and an Air. It was a fun time.

via the tablet 📱

I think if you are switching devices that are decidedly different in form factor there is going to be a period of adjustment. Every time I switch devices there is an adjustment. The phone that feels the most natural to me to hold however would be the iPhone. But my preferred size is the size of my Nexus 5. I get the best of all worlds with this form factor.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Thanked by:
    madlaw1071, bigrey81 and petaf like this.

Well according to Gary Oldman, the new HTC One isn't for everyone. So there you have it

Thanked by 3:
    21stNow, bill1171, A895 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I think if you are switching devices that are decidedly different in form factor there is going to be a period of adjustment. Every time I switch devices there is an adjustment. The phone that feels the most natural to me to hold however would be the iPhone. But my preferred size is the size of my Nexus 5. I get the best of all worlds with this form factor.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Exactly my favorite phone is the HTC one and I still have it but it doesn't feel comfortable anymore I will buy a HTC one M8 mini in a heartbeat but the moto x is perfect for me maybe even a 4.5" phone because I use it for work and emails not games and videos

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts

The device feels great but is slippery as hell. I need to get an Invisible Shield or similar on it to make it stick a little more.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,588 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    ..............The M8 totally rocks.
    The change of heart because of the length of the M8?
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    The device feels great but is slippery as hell. I need to get an Invisible Shield or similar on it to make it stick a little more.

One of the concerns I have about the form factor is the curve on the back. I frequently use my phone while lying on my desk at my office. I use gesture typing exclusively at that point. With that curve, I could imagine that gesture typing while lying flat on on a desk would be a challenge. Have you experienced this as a problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5

5s has great build quality, But a Garbage OS

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 
    cizzlen likes this.

Global Posts
    2,568 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Why did you sell it and not just return it?

I think the length is going to be the deal breaker for me too. I like the size of my G2 and really don't want anything taller.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    5s has great build quality, But a Garbage OS

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    I have to disagree, I really like iOS7.1 ..very light, feels simple, yet does everything I want it to.

via the tablet 📱
    Thanked by 4:

HTC is my iPhone fix for android it like every since they settled things between the two the design has been somewhat similar but then again HTC has always made very well designed phones going back to the windows mobile 6 days but i love both OS's and for 6months i am on android and the other 6 on iOS HTC has my money and apple. I also love the GNote 3 the only samsung device i will ever claim as a keeper. IJS
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Banned

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One (M8) is gone

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Banned

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One (M8) is gone

yeah there is that. My hands are on the small side. My moto x sure felt great. My 5s is too small. I need a good camera though so the moto x didn't cut it. Too bad, the m8 is a nice phone. Very nice but just a little too long for me.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    You adjust to the size of the 5s...took me about 2 days. Now I love it.

via the tablet ��
    I couldn't imagine adjusting the the size of the iPhone 5S. I've had the Moto X for four months now and still feel like I'm holding someone else's phone because it is so small. I prefer 5.0-5.7 inches.

Size complaints make me wonder... But, then again, I've been carrying a Note II since June. I couldn't imagine going to something much smaller.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by 21stNow View Post
    I couldn't imagine adjusting the the size of the iPhone 5S. I've had the Moto X for four months now and still feel like I'm holding someone else's phone because it is so small. I prefer 5.0-5.7 inches.
    I somehow adjusted as well lol. Thought it would be impossible but we adapt. But boy it felt great to hold a big phone again
    cizzlen likes this.

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    One of the concerns I have about the form factor is the curve on the back. I frequently use my phone while lying on my desk at my office. I use gesture typing exclusively at that point. With that curve, I could imagine that gesture typing while lying flat on on a desk would be a challenge. Have you experienced this as a problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5
    I will check it out tomorrow. I will say the curve makes it feel great in hand vs my Nexus 5 even though it is wider. My problem is not the size but can I get used to the extra layer the HTC logo puts on. Just feels a little funny still.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast