HTC One (M8) not recognizing SIM card

Wacko11

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint HTC M8 is not recognizing the nano SIM, I took it out and put it back in about 100 times, it still says no SIM card

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 not recognizing sim card

My Sprint HTC M8 is not recognizing the nano SIM, I took it out and put it back in about 100 times, it still says no SIM card
Try another SIM? It could be a bad SIM card, so consider trying that or taking the device to a Sprint store for a closer look.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Make sure you have it in the correct way, the metal pins should be facing down toward the back of the phone

Posted via Android Central App

Colm McCrea

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Make sure you have it in the correct way, the metal pins should be facing down toward the back of the phone

Posted via Android Central App

I have the same issue, had the phone one day. Put the sim in 200 times and only twice did the phone recognise it. The sim can only go in one way so there is no chance of that. Took it back to the phone shop (in the UK) and it is a faulty unit. I suggest you do the same.

Wacko11

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, had the phone one day. Put the sim in 200 times and only twice did the phone recognise it. The sim can only go in one way so there is no chance of that. Took it back to the phone shop (in the UK) and it is a faulty unit. I suggest you do the same.

Yea Sprint send me a new one

Powarun

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, here is how I resolved it. Took it to the Verizon store, swapped sims, then swapped sim trays, activated it then swapped sim trays back and haven't had a problem since.

Wacko11

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, here is how I resolved it. Took it to the Verizon store, swapped sims, then swapped sim trays, activated it then swapped sim trays back and haven't had a problem since.

Mines started working randomly after awhile, but when I turned my phone off and then on it would stop work

Edwin Chungath

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I got resolved by stick a cello tape just on SIM card backside, then placed in sim case, this additional SIM thickness fix to gets better contact.
Its worked for me. So Good Luck.....

Islam Sayed

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
i've got the same problem with htc desire 816, it worked for 2 days and suddenly it couldn't recognize the sim card. it's new sim card by the way

sacerdos

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember where I saw it (I know it was on the web, but not any of the forum sites), but I read that the m8 can fry some sims. I had to have mine replaced by VZW (it kept saying my sim was password locked, and VZW couldn't reset the password). After they replaced it everything worked just fine.

Transmissum est uti Tapatalk ab Nota Galaxia X-punct-I MMXIV meo

tunfeld

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
This trick worked for fixing no sim card error

Ok guys and girls. After trying all the suggestions for fixing the "no sim card error" I found something interesting that
solved my problem. I inspected my phone carefully after receiving my new sim tray which didn't work.
On the side where the sim card is located I noticed a slight bend in my phone. I took both thumbs and placed them under the phone
while applying pressure with 4 fingers on the glass and low and behold the error went away. I had my phone back after 2 weeks
with no phone. I continued to work the metal back into shape to make the phone straight again. I'm not saying this will fix everyones phone but if you've tried all the other steps, make sure your phone isn't bent.
After all, it's made of metal. Give it a try and please let me know if this helps anyone.

Thanks and good luck
Chad

jamesownshtc

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Bending the phone back into itself actually worked surprising enough! Tried absolutely everything after asurion sent me a refurbished model and the sim card would not work. I'm not sure if it will become a reoccurring issue or if it was something slightly out of place. Either way it worked! Thank you man!

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
NO WAY BRO!
i've been looking everywhere for a solution and couldn't find anything! everyone says i need to tape it or replace it. You are a legend!!! you saved me from buying another one! It's working!

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I foolishly removed my sim card to try a different phone. After many hours at the AT&T store reseting my phone, resetting my account, adding pieces of tape to the sim card and regretting I ever removed the dang thing, I finally got it working again. I guess it's a common problem with this phone. POS.

AndroidUser9890

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Wow, frustrating issue fixed. Bending the phone back worked for me. I carry the phone in my back pocket at work, and would sit on it. I couldn't visibly see a curve or bend, but the no SIM card issue has gone from constant to 1 day solid.

shuaib mohammed1

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: This trick worked for fixing no sim card error

Ok guys and girls. After trying all the suggestions for fixing the "no sim card error" I found something interesting that
solved my problem. I inspected my phone carefully after receiving my new sim tray which didn't work.
On the side where the sim card is located I noticed a slight bend in my phone. I took both thumbs and placed them under the phone
while applying pressure with 4 fingers on the glass and low and behold the error went away. I had my phone back after 2 weeks
with no phone. I continued to work the metal back into shape to make the phone straight again. I'm not saying this will fix everyones phone but if you've tried all the other steps, make sure your phone isn't bent.
After all, it's made of metal. Give it a try and please let me know if this helps anyone.

Thanks and good luck
Chad

Thank you just did what you said and behold it worked

Dawg872

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site

Thanks and good luck
Chad

I've had my HTC One m8 Harman kardon phone for a year and a half. No problems until 2 weeks ago when it started saying no sim/sim card removed. I take it to my local sprint store who tries the tape trick, new sim card. Cleaning out sim card slot, nothing working. Their best solution is "upgrade because you're eligible." I don't want my bill going up when my phone works good, tired of needing new phones every other year! Saw your forum and now my phone is fixed! Squeezed phone back into shape!!!! Amazing!!!! Once again thanx!!!

Dawg872

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site

Thanks tunfeld!!!! Squeezed, bent phone and sim card error is gone! Sprints solution was to upgrade, because you're eligible. That's what they kept telling me. I've had this phone over a year and no problems until now. Sprint wanted me to upgrade after new sim card didn't work. Tape didn't work, toggling thru airplane settings on/off. I don't want my bill going up, thanks again!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret