Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) not recognizing SIM card

My Sprint HTC M8 is not recognizing the nano SIM, I took it out and put it back in about 100 times, it still says no SIM card

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: HTC M8 not recognizing sim card

Quote Originally Posted by Wacko11 View Post
    My Sprint HTC M8 is not recognizing the nano SIM, I took it out and put it back in about 100 times, it still says no SIM card
    Try another SIM? It could be a bad SIM card, so consider trying that or taking the device to a Sprint store for a closer look.

Make sure you have it in the correct way, the metal pins should be facing down toward the back of the phone

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Make sure you have it in the correct way, the metal pins should be facing down toward the back of the phone

Posted via Android Central App
    I have the same issue, had the phone one day. Put the sim in 200 times and only twice did the phone recognise it. The sim can only go in one way so there is no chance of that. Took it back to the phone shop (in the UK) and it is a faulty unit. I suggest you do the same.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: HTC One (M8) not recognizing SIM card

Quote Originally Posted by Colm McCrea View Post
    I have the same issue, had the phone one day. Put the sim in 200 times and only twice did the phone recognise it. The sim can only go in one way so there is no chance of that. Took it back to the phone shop (in the UK) and it is a faulty unit. I suggest you do the same.
    Yea Sprint send me a new one

I had the same problem, here is how I resolved it. Took it to the Verizon store, swapped sims, then swapped sim trays, activated it then swapped sim trays back and haven't had a problem since.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Powarun View Post
    I had the same problem, here is how I resolved it. Took it to the Verizon store, swapped sims, then swapped sim trays, activated it then swapped sim trays back and haven't had a problem since.
    Mines started working randomly after awhile, but when I turned my phone off and then on it would stop work

Lightbulb Re: HTC One (M8) not recognizing SIM card

I got resolved by stick a cello tape just on SIM card backside, then placed in sim case, this additional SIM thickness fix to gets better contact.
    Its worked for me. So Good Luck.....

i've got the same problem with htc desire 816, it worked for 2 days and suddenly it couldn't recognize the sim card. it's new sim card by the way

It could be a bad contact or wrong cut.

I can't remember where I saw it (I know it was on the web, but not any of the forum sites), but I read that the m8 can fry some sims. I had to have mine replaced by VZW (it kept saying my sim was password locked, and VZW couldn't reset the password). After they replaced it everything worked just fine.

Transmissum est uti Tapatalk ab Nota Galaxia X-punct-I MMXIV meo