Copy music to SD card...??

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
using Isyncr

Before I transfer my Itunes libray i would like to make sure it's gonna copy to my SD card. iv'e read mixed on this...

Last edited:

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I had this same problem last night.

Best thing to do.
1) Google HTC Sync Manager & download it from HTC.com
2) It should automatically detect your iTunes Library & sync your music to the program.
3) Before connecting your phone, there should be an option in settings for the Sync Manager to change syncing from Phone to SD card, just look around.
4) You have to select what gets sync'd or you can make a playlist specifically for your phone, shouldn't take too long. I'm glad it's that selective.

Last edited:

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I had this same problem last night.

Best thing to do.
1) Google HTC Sync Manager & download it from HTC.com
2) It should automatically detect your iTunes Library & sync your music to the program.
3) Before connecting your phone, there should be an option in settings for the Sync Manager to change syncing from Phone to SD card, just look around.
4) You have to select what gets sync'd or you can make a playlist specifically for your phone, shouldn't take too long. I'm glad it's that selective.

Thanks-

just to be clear. i use isyncr which will transfer to my phone. just not sure if it will transfer to my SD card.

thanks-

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site
try looking in settings for iSyncr to make sure there is an option to transfer to SD card instead of Phone storage, I don't use that program so I'm not sure...

kioko91

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Right click the icon in the system tray once the phone is recognized. It should give an option for phone and SD. This is my daily music syncer. I have 52 gigs that were put on my SD card with that method. :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Right click the icon in the system tray once the phone is recognized. It should give an option for phone and SD. This is my daily music syncer. I have 52 gigs that were put on my SD card with that method. :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

so HTC Sync Manager is how your doing it??

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
using Isyncr

Before I transfer my Itunes libray i would like to make sure it's gonna copy to my SD card. iv'e read mixed on this...

Yes it works. I synced mine earlier today when my card came in. I'm using Mac and when I launch isyncr with the phone plugged in it asks me if I want to sync with the phone storage or sd card. Synced with no problem.

Posted via Android Central App

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Good to know HTC Sync works this way, now that microSD is back on the M8 I was thinking of getting a 64 or 128 microSDXC card and loading all my music on it (after weaning myself off an iPod to use my M7 to stream from Google Play Music).

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
My library is far too big to sync all of it, can I do what I have always done, which is hook the phone up to my PC and drag the files over from folder to folder?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My library is far too big to sync all of it, can I do what I have always done, which is hook the phone up to my PC and drag the files over from folder to folder?

Yes. I did that when I rooted my phone and then with my pictures and videos. I guess I'm not understanding the confusion around this. Right now, using the sd is no different than it's been when moving data. Guess I missed something but don't worry about it too much guys.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Bater_M8

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I've been having the same issues with my One M8, Ive called HTC today and I have instructions on how you can do it;
1. Open Sync Manager
2. Select the "Home" tab
3. Select the sub tab "Sync Settings"
4. You Should now see the window pictured
Untitled.png
5. Using the drop down box that says "Sync Storage" select "SD Card"

I hope I've helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member