Things you love about the new HTC One (M8)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Things you love about the new HTC One M8

I like the whole overall experience of the phone. The way the phone looks, feels, the way Sense 6 runs, boom sound and battery life all add to a great experience. Adding the sd-card slot is a plus also.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

The battery life really is right on par with the Note 3. I used my M8 on Wednesday as my only phone during the day, then used my Note 3 on Thursday all day, they both got about the same amount of usage and both had about 40% left at the end of my day, roughly 6 AM-8 PM. I was surprised it was as good as my Note 3, which is the best battery I've ever seen for any phone.

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Battery life is great. Got 17 hours and 40 mins on a charge down to 3%. Then swtiched to extreme mode at 3% at it went another 10 hours and I gave up as the battery level didnt drop, so plugged in the charger. The camera is very good, better than I expected. I had the M7 and once disappointed at scenic shots. Not this time. Even though 4mp does lack detail its enough. Plus I have got some amazing shots of my dogs and cats that I couldnt dream of getting on my Note 3. Other shots on the camera have been great and all the effects, editing and highlights are fantastic. Then there is the motions, HTC Sense and the overall smoothness. Cool.

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

have you tried to force a software update. it appeared after that. Software update was waiting as soon as I checked.

CaptainKidd

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Amazing battery life, I was playing with it for 4 hours yesterday non-stop & the battery was still like 86%. The screen is gorgeous & the build is fantastic. I LOVE it, it's the sexiest phone I've had. All my co-workers definitely woo'd over it.

edit: THE BOOMSOUND IS AMAZING. I couldn't stop calling myself at work just to listen to my ringtone.

Totally agree. Coming from a 4S, this thing is blazing fast. This is my first android phone, and I've been blown away by how smooth it is. The screen is incredible, as well as the build quality. The battery life has been outstanding. I just love everything about this device.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Huh, this is what puzzles me. My battery drain is just abnormal. 1% every 2-3 minutes. Wipe cache in recovery done. Factory reset done. No use.

Posted via Android Central App
So you're getting 5 hours of use out of your device?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm glad to see all these awesome reasons to love an awesome phone! Keep it up guys!

mario64

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Huh, this is what puzzles me. My battery drain is just abnormal. 1% every 2-3 minutes. Wipe cache in recovery done. Factory reset done. No use.
Same problem here. I can sit and watch the battery drain on mine. 91% at bedtime last night. After 8 hours of standby and minimal use today it's already down to 57%

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Same problem here. I can sit and watch the battery drain on mine. 91% at bedtime last night. After 8 hours of standby and minimal use today it's already down to 57%

Turn off background sync, turn off data and wifi when not in use.

Many Google services work relentlessly if you don't stop it, all these "listening" use data in the background and kept phone awake.

@T-Mobile GN3

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I don't know if anyone has talked about it yet, but I love how fast this thing charges. Major improvement over the m7. I know phones like the s4 use a 2amp charger that will charge very fast, but I'm coming from the m7 so for me it really helps out a lot.

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site

The feel and quality of the M8 is just outstanding !! Is it a perfect phone ?? No but what phone is !?

I think HTC nailed this one and it was worth the upgrade from my M7 IMHO

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I just got mine. Been playing with it for the last couple hours.

- The build quality is unbelievable. Best feeling phone I've ever felt. It feels comfortable with the curvature, love how the metal curves up to the face of the phone. I've inspected mine really closely and the build is flawless. Can't see a single issue. Also, it's surprising lighter than I thought it would be. I just thought it'd be heavy to lug around, but it's light and very comfortable.

- The screen is awesome. Coming from an Xperia Z1 makes me appreciate just how good this screen is. The brightness, the viewing angles, the saturation. It's really an incredible screen in every respect. Hope it has great visibility outdoors as well.

- The speakers are even better than last years model. Again, coming from the Xperia Z1 makes me appreciate just how good the speakers are. Extremely loud and very clear. Love them.

- I've only taken a few quick snaps with the camera, but I've found it to be very good. The Ufocus thing works really well and I can see people using that feature a lot for FB/Instagram uploads. I really don't get all the complaints about the camera, for everyday use, it's great. The camera UI is excellent. Simple, super fast, gets you in and out of what you want to do so easily, but also has the flexibility to adjust extra settings and edit pictures if you want to. Really cool.

- Still playing with the UI. Sense is cleaner, more colourful and more playful than last year. The phone is absurdly fast. Faster than the Nexus 5, the transitions and animations are liquid. Haven't tried to do anything to stress it out, but general UI performance is great.

- One thing I don't like is that it seems Zoe's aren't available here in Australia. When I try to open the 'Zoe' app it's just a screen with "coming soon" written on it....pretty lame.

Will post more impressions (such as the battery life) when I get more time with it.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I came from the EVO LTE which has been a great phone for me but I wanted something new and faster. Was originally going to get the M7 and then saw that the M8 was coming out so I waited. Glad I did. Everyday I'm appreciating this phone more. I love the feel of it in the hand and it's stunning to look at whether it's the front or the back. The wake gestures are great but I still catch myself using the power button out of habit. The camera has been great, from start to shot is quicker than I can frame the shot. Especially like the wake-to-camera option using the volume buttons. I was at an outdoor event all day yesterday and I brought my external battery because I usually need to charge my phone during the day. No need with this, had plenty of battery and didn't plug it in until I went to bed.

Still finding new things to like about the phone and the upgrade to Kit Kat and Sense 6. I was in a meeting at work today and a coworker with a Nexus5 saw the dual cameras and had to play with the phone. He was very impressed with the build quality and the screen. He's a small guy so the phone was a bit too tall for him to handle comfortably but he seemed a bit jealous.

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

- One thing I don't like is that it seems Zoe's aren't available here in Australia. When I try to open the 'Zoe' app it's just a screen with "coming soon" written on it....pretty lame.

I think the Zoe app is for an upcoming social/picture sharing site, coming summer 2014. Just look at the screenshots in the Play Store. You can still take "Zoes" from the camera itself.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I think the Zoe app is for an upcoming social/picture sharing site, coming summer 2014. Just look at the screenshots in the Play Store. You can still take "Zoes" from the camera itself.

Ah yeah, thanks for that. Thought they hadn't activated the Zoe feature for AU users yet.

Loving the phone at the moment. It feels so much thinner than my Z1 due to the curved back. Feels much more comfortable to hold and more comfortable in the pants pocket.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm in day two. It goes without saying that I love the phones physical design.

I love the faster charging times.
I love the improved battery life.

Very impressed with the front facing camera, I can see myself getting more use out of it for my selfies lol

Speakers are even better this time around.

The gestures are very helpful. I love my large devices but I would be lying if I didn't admit that it can be tough reaching for that power button at the tippy top.

Oh and micro sd slot!

I think they did well. Pretty much what I expected. See this as an HTC One "S" this time around.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I love all the editing software in the camera app. In the filters section you can create a custom filter, allowing you to adjust exposure, saturation, brightness, contrast, etc. Love this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol