Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I don't know about all of you guys but I've about had it with all these negative threads talking about how the phone is too tall or the screen size being too small or the camera not being good enough blah blah blah.

I for one am in love with this phone. I previously had the m7 and everything about this phone is a major improvement over its predecessor.

So I would like to hear everyone's opinion on what you like about this phone and why you decided to buy it. I don't want to hear anything about how you don't like this, or how another phone is better. Let's keep this positive and on topic!

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Skyway; 04-20-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Default Re: Things you love about the new HTC One M8

I love the build quality as well as the screen. I mean it's worth every penny. Every phone will have a shortcoming, but this phone's strengths are amazing.

Brad

New HTC One M8 on Verizon!!
    Thanked by 2:
    JasonF, tmx31415 and ErnstMach like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Couldn't agree more!

brad4560 likes this.

I also agree. The screen is amazing and so is the look and feel of the phone. And I for one can't see why people are complaining about the quality of the camera, I've already taken some great pictures with it.
    brad4560 likes this.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I agree lattemaker. I have posted a few shots here today, i mean for a regular cell phone shooter, it i fine.. i mean i can understand the more serious photographers, and that's why we have choices!
    Brad

New HTC One M8 on Verizon!!
    ErnstMach likes this.

As for the negative threads, I suggest you look at the threads in the HTC One forum from around the release date in 2013 up until about June. You will notice a familiar pattern, right down to the person who started the thread. I have not purchased the M8, but based on the pictures, I love the camera improvements. Also, the battery life is outstanding based on the test and stats posted by the members here.

Thanked by:
    coronaboy10 and ErnstMach like this.

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brad4560 View Post
    I agree lattemaker. I have posted a few shots here today, i mean for a regular cell phone shooter, it i fine.. i mean i can understand the more serious photographers, and that's why we have choices!
    As a serious (professional) photographer I could care less on image quality on a cell phone as long as its good enough for social sharing/media it works for me. I really want this phone but Verizon was less then helpful when I went to speak with them yesterday and best buy doesnt have them yet.
    KoukiFC3S, Xiphias and icenija like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Order it online on Verizon's website

Amazing battery life, I was playing with it for 4 hours yesterday non-stop & the battery was still like 86%. The screen is gorgeous & the build is fantastic. I LOVE it, it's the sexiest phone I've had. All my co-workers definitely woo'd over it.

edit: THE BOOMSOUND IS AMAZING. I couldn't stop calling myself at work just to listen to my ringtone.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Coming from an iPhone and note II I love the BlinkFeed and the size of the phone Is perfect!

Sent from my HTC M8

I just received the device and love it. I like what they did with sense and the overall feel of the device. Coming from the M7 I am more than pleased with what they brought to the table. This beats Touch Wiz and all of the S apps that no one will use with the usual lag associated with the "Galaxy."

as I just posted in another thread. coming from (2) M7's I feel HTC finally got it right. boom sound is what everyone said the M7 was except it was not. this thing is now loud. the overall feel and build is better also. love the size. this phone is a hunk of sexy big metal. with sd and a better battery it's a winner....

like i said. it's everything the M7 tried to be....

I love the care taken with the phone in build quality and the fact that Sense isn't a rigid take it or leave it form of bloatware anymore.
    The gestures are excellent, the screen is beautiful and the speakers are brilliant!
    The camera focus speed is epic, in fact the whole slickness of Sense combined with the stonking hardware make this phone special IMHO.
    It's just a really nice phone to use day to day.
    I owned a couple of Samsungs before and the "gimmicks" generally didn't work that well and often ended up being annoying, the UI was a total multi-coloured mess and the phones creaked because of the plastic backs.
    A big screen with decent hardware isn't all that's needed to make a great phone and the One UI and useability towers over the Samsung phones.

The gestures to unlock the phone are killer.

adriandb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamd1169 View Post
    The gestures to unlock the phone are killer.

that's what im looking forward to. I am a bit ocd and just cant stand once the new "clicky" home buttons start to get loose.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Awesome posts guys, I'm right there with all of you. I love everything about this phone.

Keep them coming! Hopefully this thread will help some people out who are in the fence about this phone!

Battery life, Blink feed, camera effects, build quality, I like almost everything about the phone. My only complaint so far is that the double tap to wake feature makes it difficult to clean my screen as often as I like since it will turn on randomly while cleaning, but this is easily turned off. I also love the dot view case, once they add more functionality I think its going to be a great feature to have on the phone.

As a note 3 owner with no intention of buying M8, I can objectively say M8 has some great features:

1. All metal construction, it is slick, no question about it.
    2. Excellent battery life, The comprehensive test give it a 71h rating, on par with Note 3, far exceed anything else in the market.
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4
    icenija likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hachsa View Post
    Amazing battery life, I was playing with it for 4 hours yesterday non-stop & the battery was still like 86%. The screen is gorgeous & the build is fantastic. I LOVE it, it's the sexiest phone I've had. All my co-workers definitely woo'd over it.

edit: THE BOOMSOUND IS AMAZING. I couldn't stop calling myself at work just to listen to my ringtone.
    Huh, this is what puzzles me. My battery drain is just abnormal. 1% every 2-3 minutes. Wipe cache in recovery done. Factory reset done. No use.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    As a note 3 owner with no intention of buying M8, I can objectively say M8 has some great features:

1. All metal construction, it is slick, no question about it.
    2. Excellent battery life, The comprehensive test give it a 71h rating, on par with Note 3, far exceed anything else in the market.
    Glad to hear some good words about the m8 from a Samsung owner. Kudos man!

icenija likes this.

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I like the whole overall experience of the phone. The way the phone looks, feels, the way Sense 6 runs, boom sound and battery life all add to a great experience. Adding the sd-card slot is a plus also.

The battery life really is right on par with the Note 3. I used my M8 on Wednesday as my only phone during the day, then used my Note 3 on Thursday all day, they both got about the same amount of usage and both had about 40% left at the end of my day, roughly 6 AM-8 PM. I was surprised it was as good as my Note 3, which is the best battery I've ever seen for any phone.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Battery life is great. Got 17 hours and 40 mins on a charge down to 3%. Then swtiched to extreme mode at 3% at it went another 10 hours and I gave up as the battery level didnt drop, so plugged in the charger. The camera is very good, better than I expected. I had the M7 and once disappointed at scenic shots. Not this time. Even though 4mp does lack detail its enough. Plus I have got some amazing shots of my dogs and cats that I couldnt dream of getting on my Note 3. Other shots on the camera have been great and all the effects, editing and highlights are fantastic. Then there is the motions, HTC Sense and the overall smoothness. Cool.

When will we have the extreme battery saver? US

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

have you tried to force a software update. it appeared after that. Software update was waiting as soon as I checked.
    Thanked by:
    o2k 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast