Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) Nova Launcher Lockscreen

Hi all,

I just picked up my One today at the local Verizon store, and so far I absolutely LOVE it. Trouble is, I switched from an iPhone 5, so I basically have no idea what I'm doing. I decided to go ahead and install Nova Launcher, which again is awesome. My one issue seems to be that the lockscreen remained the default sense 6.0 lockscreen. I'd love to get iOS style notifications and DashClock on my lockscreen, but at the moment, I don't know how. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Global Posts
    9,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Default Re: HTC One (M8) Nova Launcher Lockscreen

Welcome to Android Central
    Nova only installs a launcher and an app drawer, but not a lock screen. You're going to need an app like Holo locker if you want something similar to stock Android. Then you can use DashClock on your lock screen

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hmmm... I installed Holo Locker, enabled it, and I still have the default Sense lockscreen. Any ideas as to why?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok, so I figured out how to add extra widgets to the lock screen, but I can't seem to get rid of the regular one, which remains the default. The thing that I really want to do is have Hangouts and email notifications like the iOS ones on the lock screen. Any suggestions?

if you really want to replicate the iOS lock screen, try an app called slidelock. i used to use it on my n5 and it's a dead ringer for ios. looks nice too.
    Nexus 5 // Lumia 1020

Global Posts
    9,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Sharp View Post
    Ok, so I figured out how to add extra widgets to the lock screen, but I can't seem to get rid of the regular one, which remains the default. The thing that I really want to do is have Hangouts and email notifications like the iOS ones on the lock screen. Any suggestions?
    Not sure if there's an app for that. I have never tried to replicate iOS.
    Try the one mentioned above

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

I use the NiLS and NiLS floating panel apps. They work great.
    Thanked by:

You could always download WidgetLocker, that's teslacoil's (who also develop Nova Launchers) third party lock screen. If you use this with Zooper Widget and UCCW the personalisation possibilities are endless.

WidgetLocker does not have any security however.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Sharp View Post
    Hi all,

I just picked up my One today at the local Verizon store, and so far I absolutely LOVE it. Trouble is, I switched from an iPhone 5, so I basically have no idea what I'm doing. I decided to go ahead and install Nova Launcher, which again is awesome. My one issue seems to be that the lockscreen remained the default sense 6.0 lockscreen. I'd love to get iOS style notifications and DashClock on my lockscreen, but at the moment, I don't know how. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!
    If you want ios style notifications, then get Nils floating panel. It works very well.

Posted via Android Central App
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray