HTC One (M8) Nova Launcher Lockscreen

Simon Sharp

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I just picked up my One today at the local Verizon store, and so far I absolutely LOVE it. Trouble is, I switched from an iPhone 5, so I basically have no idea what I'm doing. I decided to go ahead and install Nova Launcher, which again is awesome. My one issue seems to be that the lockscreen remained the default sense 6.0 lockscreen. I'd love to get iOS style notifications and DashClock on my lockscreen, but at the moment, I don't know how. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Nova only installs a launcher and an app drawer, but not a lock screen. You're going to need an app like Holo locker if you want something similar to stock Android. Then you can use DashClock on your lock screen

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Simon Sharp

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I figured out how to add extra widgets to the lock screen, but I can't seem to get rid of the regular one, which remains the default. The thing that I really want to do is have Hangouts and email notifications like the iOS ones on the lock screen. Any suggestions?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you really want to replicate the iOS lock screen, try an app called slidelock. i used to use it on my n5 and it's a dead ringer for ios. looks nice too.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I figured out how to add extra widgets to the lock screen, but I can't seem to get rid of the regular one, which remains the default. The thing that I really want to do is have Hangouts and email notifications like the iOS ones on the lock screen. Any suggestions?

Not sure if there's an app for that. I have never tried to replicate iOS.
Try the one mentioned above

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

simp152

May 1, 2014
Visit site
You could always download WidgetLocker, that's teslacoil's (who also develop Nova Launchers) third party lock screen. If you use this with Zooper Widget and UCCW the personalisation possibilities are endless.

WidgetLocker does not have any security however.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I just picked up my One today at the local Verizon store, and so far I absolutely LOVE it. Trouble is, I switched from an iPhone 5, so I basically have no idea what I'm doing. I decided to go ahead and install Nova Launcher, which again is awesome. My one issue seems to be that the lockscreen remained the default sense 6.0 lockscreen. I'd love to get iOS style notifications and DashClock on my lockscreen, but at the moment, I don't know how. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

If you want ios style notifications, then get Nils floating panel. It works very well.

Posted via Android Central App