HTC One (M8): Worth the Retail Price?

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm SO intrigued by the new HTC One. I currently have a Note 3, so the size wouldn't bother me. Sadly though, I don't have an upgrade yet and would have to go the full retail route. Is the phone worth the $599 (Verizon) retail price?

Last edited by a moderator:

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Worth the Retail Price?

Verizon's model is going for $599.

correct(599.00) and yes for me it's worth it. but then again i have unlimited. i purchased the htc one (m7) when it came out and just sold it on ebay.(375.00)... so that's pretty close to the upgrade fee anyway. this phone is everything the M7 tried to be... it's a all round bigger and better phone. the speakers are now the LOUDEST on the market. that i know opf. not just internet hype like the M7... they are loud.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

i have a note 3, i paid $790 for it up front.

and yes, $599 is a great price for this phone. still, if you can get it for $650 on t-mobile, it would be better.

VZW's plan only make sense when phone is subsidized, otherwise it is a rip off.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

i have a note 3, i paid $790 for it up front.

and yes, $599 is a great price for this phone. still, if you can get it for $650 on t-mobile, it would be better.

VZW's plan only make sense when phone is subsidized, otherwise it is a rip off.

I'm on a Verizon loyalty plan that gives me unlimited talk & text with 2GB of data for only $60 a month. That's VERY cheap for postpaid, especially on the most expensive carrier. So I don't really want to leave them lol. And a guy is selling the phone brand new on Swappa for $599 shipped (no tax). Hmmmm...

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I paid full retail for a Verizon one and it was well worth it to me.

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Because you are on Verizon, I would say that it is worth the money. But then again, it depends on how badly you want it. Anything is worth the money if you want it badly enough.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I think it really depends on what your upgrading from. Coming from an M7 I can't picture my self paying that amount for the new version of the HTC One so soon. I'd like to see them come down in their prices. So I will personally wait. However I'm not saying HTC shouldn't make a buck here...But I think it could be better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781