Activate Dot View on the screen without the Dot View case

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had my HTC One M8 on top of my iPad Air with the smartcover fitted. I lifted my phone up and suddenly the dot view screen appeared with the clock and weather. Very cool.

I have been playing around but cannot reproduce it but it must have been the magnets on the iPad Air triggering it.

Does anyone know the procedure?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I had my HTC One M8 on top of my iPad Air with the smartcover fitted. I lifted my phone up and suddenly the dot view screen appeared with the clock and weather. Very cool.

I have been playing around but cannot reproduce it but it must have been the magnets on the iPad Air triggering it.

Does anyone know the procedure?

The procedure of what?

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Basically just get the screen, possibly specifically the mid left of it, close to one of the magnets. That should do the trick. The magnet in the dot view case is under the HTC logo on the front of it if you want a more specific area to aim for.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

RocNRobbn

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey!

I activated the dot view also but couldn't figure out how to do it again. I called a Verizon Techs today. He couldn't figure it out and hooked me up with HTC . They spent time on it and finally figured out you have to have the case to make it work. My research indicates the magnet on my MacBook Pro probably activated it, like yours did. It's a very cool feature and it would be great to use it without the case. Also, if you go into the play store, you'll find an app for HTC Dot View. It's already installed on my phone and it probably one of the apps HTC puts on it from the start. Lemme know if you find a way to use it without the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781