I'm looking for a new favorite phone...

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
this is well documented online. google it. that is unless your note 3 is louder then anyone elses...

There are a lot of issues documented online, I fortunately have not had any of them. My speaker is ridiculously loud. My 2 cents. The Note 3 is a great device. In the future, I will stick with the Note line, and I've had 2 Nexii.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

krayzeesmoke

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have went to a Verizon store and the AT&T store in the town I'm in this week (Warren Ohio) and neither one of them has the M8 in stock to compare with the Note, but imho, the Notes volume is about the same as the S3 overall, the only benefit to the Note is the speaker placement is on the bottom instead of the back so it should 'sound' louder without cupping the back to direct the sound forward (dumbest idea ever).
The guy at the AT&T store did tell me one thing though, he said that the Note was not getting the KitKat upgrade, all they were getting was 4.3.2 to make it more compatible but never fully integrated. Can anyone confirm that?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have went to a Verizon store and the AT&T store in the town I'm in this week (Warren Ohio) and neither one of them has the M8 in stock to compare with the Note, but imho, the Notes volume is about the same as the S3 overall, the only benefit to the Note is the speaker placement is on the bottom instead of the back so it should 'sound' louder without cupping the back to direct the sound forward (dumbest idea ever).
The guy at the AT&T store did tell me one thing though, he said that the Note was not getting the KitKat upgrade, all they were getting was 4.3.2 to make it more compatible but never fully integrated. Can anyone confirm that?

There is no 4.3.2 update on any phone. The Note 3 has 4.4.2 Kit Kat on many carriers already...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Disagree with what? The OP asked an honest question and wants opinions...we are giving ours as you are giving yours. We are not doing anything different than you or anyone else on this thread. What's the problem? No one appears to have an issue with your opinion regardless of the phone you are recommending.
Seems a little creepy....

UJ95x , spencerdl , BBSeattle and msndrstood your all sammy owners so of course you disagree... lol

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it, if you're anywhere where your phone's speaker isn't loud enough for you to hear, you should be using headphones.
That statement is not sensible. So, when at home on a ladder painting, working under my car, boxing the heavy bag (all situations that make carrying a phone or headphones difficult if not dangerous) I should be wearing headphones because the speaker isn't quite loud enough? No thanks, I just decided to buy a different phone instead.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That statement is not sensible. So, when at home on a ladder painting, working under my car, boxing the heavy bag (all situations that make carrying a phone or headphones difficult if not dangerous) I should be wearing headphones because the speaker isn't quite loud enough? No thanks, I just decided to buy a different phone instead.

I didn't mean full sized headphones. Small ear buds shouldn't get in the the way of anything that you mentioned. If the speaker is your biggest priority, then OK, but I'd prefer a phone where everything else is superior (in my opinion).

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note3 and a M7 (with front facing speakers), I use the Note3 for navigation and the volume and clarity are just fine.
Is it possible that the Note3 being mentioned just has a bad speaker?

That's also my take on that N3, bad speaker more likely.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Don't think it's true.
Besides, there's this 👇
There is no 4.3.2 update on any phone. The Note 3 has 4.4.2 Kit Kat on many carriers already...

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

krayzeesmoke

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Let me know if I should start another topic (wouldn't want to hijack my own thread) but how hard is it to root the Note (for all of you not owners) with knox and is it worth it?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Let me know if I should start another topic (wouldn't want to hijack my own thread) but how hard is it to root the Note (for all of you not owners) with knox and is it worth it?

I'm am stock and locked. I think it depends on your carrier. I know some that rooted 5 minutes after they got home with no trouble. Most have not.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I used Kingo to root my Note 3 when I first got it and it wasn't hard at all.

Sent from my Anthem filled Note 3

krayzeesmoke

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
But did it unlock enough to make it worth it? Besides using Titanium Backup and changing the launcher, are there features in it that you wouldn't have had any other way? I.e. Wi-Fi tethering, call recording, Wi-Fi calling etc, and can you put back to stock after in case you needed to four whatever reason?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia