I'm looking for a new favorite phone...

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Huh, odd. I never had any problems with an SD. Just plug the phone into my pc and move stuff around, no apps needed, never had a failure (unlike internal). I'm sure others have special needs that make an SD an issue and that's understandable. I've always thought of them to be a big bonus though.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Huh, odd. I never had any problems with an SD. Just plug the phone into my pc and move stuff around, no apps needed, never had a failure (unlike internal). I'm sure others have special needs that make an SD an issue and that's understandable. I've always thought of them to be a big bonus though.

Same here. Switched Google music to the SD card and hadn't had to mess with anything else.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
But he asked about the X and the M8.

Actually I was asking about the Note 3 and the M8

Sorry for leading the thread astray. I accessed your thread from the unanswered list. Didn't occur to me that you posted in the M8 forum. I really love my Moto X. Awesome little device that buried my S3. If you are looking at a device now, that is still one I would suggest to look at.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Imho the HTC HD2 was the best phone ever made, way ahead of its time in performance and upgradability (I just made that up, consider it 'coined').
I went from that to the Galaxy S3 with only a upgrade in speed and screen size, but limited in every other way (ie wifi sharing, call recording (bill collectors) etc.)
I'm switching to Verizon from T-Mobile, because of my job so it's time for an upgrade. Thinking about the M8 or the Note 3.
Any ideas? ?

depends on what's important to you. my friend has a note 3 ... beautiful screen but it's speaker is bad. real bad. so bad that to use for talking is not easy unless it's completely quite... deal breaker for me. i use naviogation and need to hear.

krayzeesmoke

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
That sucks, because as I said I travel and that is also a problem I have with the S3, depending on the truck I have at the time I cannot always connect the aux, then it's either directions or music.
Honestly I was leaving towards the Note because on the road I would be able to sign emailed documents without having to print/ scan/ fax them.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, I suggest the Note3. AWESOME device. Even though I rarely use any device speaker, the Note3's speaker is not as bad as some would have you believe.

krayzeesmoke

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.
Related side note, Is there a audio benchmark that can place the M8 against other premium phones? That way instead of taking people's word for how great BoomSound is it could be on paper, for all the type A personalities.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.
Related side note, Is there a audio benchmark that can place the M8 against other premium phones? That way instead of taking people's word for how great BoomSound is it could be on paper, for all the type A personalities.

I went to the Verizon store. The noisy environment helped see which phones cut through and which failed. The M8 made everyone in the store turn and scowl, so I knew the sound was traveling pretty well. Besides being louder, the high frequency and low-midrange response was much better than anything else, so you're getting a quality boost as well.
The best benchmark for audio is your ears (and I say that as someone who does audio evaluations for a living)

lui22

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Im a BlackBerry guy so my vote goes to the Z30 BUT if BlackBerry is not the option having experience on the Nexus 5 and the Note 3 and SGS 4 compared to all three I find the Nexus lacking. Seeing as you said nothing of the SGS 4 Nexus 5 the Z30 or the tiny Moto X my vote for android phone goes to the Note 3

krayzeesmoke

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I think your right, seeing as I no longer travel with my laptop I'm leaning more towards that for productivity purposes, although I dislike the fact that they made it harder to root with Knox

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
But remember, popular devices like the Note 3 normally get plenty of support.
And Samsung keeps updating them longer.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
But he asked about the X and the M8.

Actually I was asking about the Note 3 and the M8

My bad, the point still remains; the X is a good option.
Would I take it instead of my GS4?
No! The camera is a big issue, I have 2 kids.

Having said that, if you're just looking at the M8 and N3 then my vote goes to the Note 3.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note3 and a M7 (with front facing speakers), I use the Note3 for navigation and the volume and clarity are just fine.
Is it possible that the Note3 being mentioned just has a bad speaker?

That sucks, because as I said I travel and that is also a problem I have with the S3, depending on the truck I have at the time I cannot always connect the aux, then it's either directions or music.
Honestly I was leaving towards the Note because on the road I would be able to sign emailed documents without having to print/ scan/ fax them.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw in another vote for the Moto X. I still have my Galaxy S4 but it stays in my closet since I bought my Moto X a few weeks ago. That being said, if I would have got my S4 before Samsung and Verizon locked down the bootloader it's a pretty sure bet I'd still be using my S4 after Root and a custom Rom. The camera on the X does have its shortcomings and I have a couple young kids, but the pros far outweigh the cons. The X is capable of darn near everything the S4 is...but the X does it faster.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note3 and a M7 (with front facing speakers), I use the Note3 for navigation and the volume and clarity are just fine.
Is it possible that the Note3 being mentioned just has a bad speaker?

this is well documented online. google it. that is unless your note 3 is louder then anyone elses...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
this is well documented online. google it. that is unless your note 3 is louder then anyone elses...
The way I see it, if you're anywhere where your phone's speaker isn't loud enough for you to hear, you should be using headphones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante