Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lEssence
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC M8 Mini & future phones?

We will most likely see a M8 mini and I believe it will sell well, a lot of peoples complaints were due to the size of the M8..

M8 Max should be out of the question, it would be too big and too heavy it wouldn't have any competition on the Note 4 considering how Samsung usually does well on the Note series. HTC has made dumb decisions before thou...

Instead of the M8 Max do you think we will be seeing an all new HTC device ?

We've already heard of the HTC desire 816 which is a beast of a "midrange" phone, should be available shortly.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HTC M8 mini & future phones?

I've heard rumors of a device called the m8 Ace, which is speculated to be the m8 max

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Personally, I can't wait for the mini. It'll be a bit easier to handle. I'll buy it just as long as the specs aren't *too* much of a downgrade.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstMach View Post
    Personally, I can't wait for the mini. It'll be a bit easier to handle. I'll buy it just as long as the specs aren't *too* much of a downgrade.

I'll be doing the same, hopefully the price is reasonable as well

ErnstMach likes this.

I wish I would have known they were coming out with a mini. The One X is already slightly too big and my M8 is going to be unwieldy. Just got it because I love the features so much.

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

If the mini is 4.5 - 4.7 there is no reason for it to have lesser specs. I get it may have a smaller battery, but hopefully they can make a mini that deserves the M8 name.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    If the mini is 4.5 - 4.7 there is no reason for it to have lesser specs. I get it may have a smaller battery, but hopefully they can make a mini that deserves the M8 name.

Well, I'm setting my expectations low because it was rumoured to use a snapdragon 400 quad core. That way, my expectations are met or I'm pleasantly surprised! ☺

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstMach View Post
    Well, I'm setting my expectations low because it was rumoured to use a snapdragon 400 quad core. That way, my expectations are met or I'm pleasantly surprised! ☺

I think you are probably right, I just hate that the use the flagship name and make it a gimped device. They all do it. I just wish I could have a no compromise smaller Android device. I don't even think 4.7 is that small, but seems nobody is willing to do it.

I do own a Moto X and use the Nexus 5. I think Nexus 5 is as big as I want to go on a phone and maybe slightly too big.

It is just a preference thing for me as I am a 6'4 guy with large hands. I simply like my phone to me completely controlled one-handed. I use a Nexus 7 or iPad Mini when I want something larger.

Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    I think you are probably right, I just hate that the use the flagship name and make it a gimped device. They all do it. I just wish I could have a no compromise smaller Android device. I don't even think 4.7 is that small, but seems nobody is willing to do it.

I do own a Moto X and use the Nexus 5. I think Nexus 5 is as big as I want to go on a phone and maybe slightly too big.

It is just a preference thing for me as I am a 6'4 guy with large hands. I simply like my phone to me completely controlled one-handed. I use a Nexus 7 or iPad Mini when I want something larger.

That sums up how I feel exactly. I have a nexus 7 and it fills my needs for more screen real estate just fine when I need it. I want a small phone with all the power of its larger brethren. Hopefully more manufacturers start going the Sony/Motorola route with mini devices

Ry

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts

I hope we get a 4.3" 720 HTC One (M8) Mini with the same RAM, processor, and internal memory as the HTC One (M8).
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    ErnstMach likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I hope we get a 4.3" 720 HTC One (M8) Mini with the same RAM, processor, and internal memory as the HTC One (M8).
    I would happily pay extra for that phone tbh