Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    astarling10's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2 Stock Rom

    Default MMS Compression on AT&T HTC One (M8)

    I've noticed when sending pics that the M8 compresses the crap out of the pic before it is sent. I have the MMS set at 1000kb (the default) but most of the time, the pic is compressed to around 75kb. Anyone else noticing it? I think I read that AT&T doesn't allow pics larger than 600kb to go through but 75kb is a long way from 600kb. Thoughts?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8

    Quote Originally Posted by astarling10 View Post
    I've noticed when sending pics that the M8 compresses the crap out of the pic before it is sent. I have the MMS set at 1000kb (the default) but most of the time, the pic is compressed to around 75kb. Anyone else noticing it? I think I read that AT&T doesn't allow pics larger than 600kb to go through but 75kb is a long way from 600kb. Thoughts?
    It does the same thing on my at&t m7

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    astarling10's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2 Stock Rom

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Stroud1 View Post
    It does the same thing on my at&t m7

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Hmm I had a M7 and I don't remember it being that bad. I did run custom roms quite a bit then so maybe the rom dev fixed it. I guess I'll root and install a rom.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8

    Quote Originally Posted by astarling10 View Post
    Hmm I had a M7 and I don't remember it being that bad. I did run custom roms quite a bit then so maybe the rom dev fixed it. I guess I'll root and install a rom.
    Well I don't know if its as bad, but I notice the compression because it makes my pictures look horrible

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8

    My Note II had the same problem receiving MMSes from other phones, almost everything that came in was blurred horribly and I have no idea how to fix it - let alone on the M8 and outgoing. I still can't get my LED to work correctly.
  6. #6  

    Default

    I just checked on a picture I took of my girlfriend and the original pic was 2.12mb. When I texted it to her the resulting pic was 705kb. It doesn't look horribly compressed either. I'm on AT&T as well

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    astarling10's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2 Stock Rom

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    I just checked on a picture I took of my girlfriend and the original pic was 2.12mb. When I texted it to her the resulting pic was 705kb. It doesn't look horribly compressed either. I'm on AT&T as well

    What shooting mode did you use to take the pic?

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8

    Auto

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8

    did anyone found the fix for this? I really like the stock messaging app but can't use it if pictures are over compressed
  10. #10  

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T HTC One (M8)

    AT&T does this. They compress the pictures alot and there isn't really a way around it.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    astarling10's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2 Stock Rom

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T HTC One (M8)

    my fix for this was going back to my Nexus 5. Now my pic messages are 500-600kb. I also started to notice having trouble receiving messages from my friends who have Verizon. The text would come through but the pic would be blank.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: MMS Compression on AT&T HTC One (M8)

    I started using Hangouts and pictures are sent fine with way better quality than the stock messaging app, but I don't like how Hangouts looks and feels kinda of sluggish

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
  2. Can you change ANYTHING on the stock lock screen?
    By rago123 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:27 PM
  3. Encrypting Files on Moto G, implications?
    By shmotog in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM
  4. Music Purchased On Google Play
    By MacSparkle in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:41 AM
  5. Galaxy Note 3 versus S5 versus HTC One M8
    By ReverendStu in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions