MMS Compression on AT&T HTC One (M8)
I've noticed when sending pics that the M8 compresses the crap out of the pic before it is sent. I have the MMS set at 1000kb (the default) but most of the time, the pic is compressed to around 75kb. Anyone else noticing it? I think I read that AT&T doesn't allow pics larger than 600kb to go through but 75kb is a long way from 600kb. Thoughts?
- 03-31-2014, 01:07 PM #2
- 03-31-2014, 01:27 PM #4
- 03-31-2014, 05:41 PM #5
- 390 Posts
Re: MMS Compression on AT&T M8
My Note II had the same problem receiving MMSes from other phones, almost everything that came in was blurred horribly and I have no idea how to fix it - let alone on the M8 and outgoing. I still can't get my LED to work correctly.
- 03-31-2014, 05:58 PM #6
I just checked on a picture I took of my girlfriend and the original pic was 2.12mb. When I texted it to her the resulting pic was 705kb. It doesn't look horribly compressed either. I'm on AT&T as well
Posted via Android Central App
- 04-02-2014, 01:06 PM #8
- 05-01-2014, 03:54 PM #9
- 05-01-2014, 04:15 PM #10
Re: MMS Compression on AT&T HTC One (M8)
my fix for this was going back to my Nexus 5. Now my pic messages are 500-600kb. I also started to notice having trouble receiving messages from my friends who have Verizon. The text would come through but the pic would be blank.
- 05-01-2014, 08:28 PM #12
- By adamrayy in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
- By rago123 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 73Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:27 PM
- By shmotog in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM
- By MacSparkle in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:41 AM
- By ReverendStu in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:17 AM