Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    I got the m8 last night I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 still getting use to this things size and snartness I like it a lot tho except for one thing I have a 2013 Nissan maxima with value package and monitor package and there is still and probably will never be a way to play my music from my phone through my cars speakers or at least not be able to use the monitor with it or my steering wheel controls the only ports I have in my car are red white and yellow RCA and the usb please let me know also if you know but I'm about to try the red and white colored RCA to headphone to adapter it just mY work with my cars speakers but I'll probably crash driving if I have to control everythingthibg that I wanna hear with my cell phone thanks best of luck ps the m8 camera is cool I'm out

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by cruisingbasic View Post
    I got the m8 last night I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 still getting use to this things size and snartness I like it a lot tho except for one thing I have a 2013 Nissan maxima with value package and monitor package and there is still and probably will never be a way to play my music from my phone through my cars speakers or at least not be able to use the monitor with it or my steering wheel controls the only ports I have in my car are red white and yellow RCA and the usb please let me know also if you know but I'm about to try the red and white colored RCA to headphone to adapter it just mY work with my cars speakers but I'll probably crash driving if I have to control everythingthibg that I wanna hear with my cell phone thanks best of luck ps the m8 camera is cool I'm out

    Posted via Android Central App
    I have a 2013 Altima and streaming via bluetooth works for me. Does your car not have bluetooth? If so, go into the settings on the car and have it scan for your phone and make sure your phone has bluetooth on. Once it finds, proceed to pair and make sure in your phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music. If you don't have bluetooth then don't know.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  3. #3  

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    I have a 2013 Altima and streaming via bluetooth works for me. Does your car not have bluetooth? If so, go into the settings on the car and have it scan for your phone and make sure your phone has bluetooth on. Once it finds, proceed to pair and make sure in your phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music. If you don't have bluetooth then don't know.
    phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music.


    where is this setting at??
  4. #4  

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
    phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music.


    where is this setting at??
    You have to go into Bluetooth settings on your phone. After your car is paired you can toggle the setting of which of the 2 you want to work via Bluetooth.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    My phone connect blue tooth to my car but where is the Bluetooth settings on the new m8 I only can turn on or off I want my music to work so bad please help

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by cruisingbasic View Post
    My phone connect blue tooth to my car but where is the Bluetooth settings on the new m8 I only can turn on or off I want my music to work so bad please help

    Posted via Android Central App
    Check the other thread you posted. Also, the bluetooth settings are right in the regular settings menu, like the third thing down. And yes, you have to pair the deice to the car for it to work. And no, just because you are connected via bluetooth instead of an aux port does NOT mean you are less likely to crash while using your phone.
  7. #7  
    mtat's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    I have a similar problem there is only one option in the blue tooth settings. Phone audio only there is no second option to select music audio?
  8. #8  
    mmohn01's Avatar

    Posts
    244 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    You have to click on the settings gear next to the device you are pairing to in Bluetooth settings.
  9. #9  
    mtat's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    Yes, I've tried that several times and it only brings up call audio. There is nothing else there? Could this be a problem with the car blue tooth system?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    It could be compatibility problems, yes. I would not think so on a 2013 though. Try more than one audio app to insure it is not an app problem.

    When streaming over BT, you should be able to use your steering wheel controls to at least skip to next song. Or at least, so it works on my 2013 camry. Next time you take it in for an oil change, have a Nissan guy pair it for you; I practically had to fight them off to let me do it myself when I got my car.

    Nissan Bluetooth | Results | Nissan USA


  11. #11  
    mtat's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

    My car is a 2009 fg falcon and has blue tooth, phones pair with it easily, however the problem is there is only an call audio connection, there is no option in the car or in the phone where you also add media audio. I tried my sons nexus today and had exactly the same problem, call audio connects, but no media audio?

Similar Threads

  1. My AT&T Galaxy S3 phone does not turn on.
    By SticknStack in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 02:43 PM
  2. I hate my HTC one
    By Carl_Barr in forum HTC One
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 02:10 PM
  3. Forgot passcode for dropbox on Samsung s4 mini, can't uninstall
    By Audrey K in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 10:20 PM
  4. HTC One (M8) play my music on phone through my new car
    By cruisingbasic in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 07:09 PM
  5. Petition on Care2
    By Elias Shreve in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions