can't play my music on phone through my new cars speakers

cruisingbasic

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I got the m8 last night I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 still getting use to this things size and snartness I like it a lot tho except for one thing I have a 2013 Nissan maxima with value package and monitor package and there is still and probably will never be a way to play my music from my phone through my cars speakers or at least not be able to use the monitor with it or my steering wheel controls the only ports I have in my car are red white and yellow RCA and the usb please let me know also if you know but I'm about to try the red and white colored RCA to headphone to adapter it just mY work with my cars speakers but I'll probably crash driving if I have to control everythingthibg that I wanna hear with my cell phone thanks best of luck ps the m8 camera is cool I'm out

Posted via Android Central App

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the m8 last night I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 still getting use to this things size and snartness I like it a lot tho except for one thing I have a 2013 Nissan maxima with value package and monitor package and there is still and probably will never be a way to play my music from my phone through my cars speakers or at least not be able to use the monitor with it or my steering wheel controls the only ports I have in my car are red white and yellow RCA and the usb please let me know also if you know but I'm about to try the red and white colored RCA to headphone to adapter it just mY work with my cars speakers but I'll probably crash driving if I have to control everythingthibg that I wanna hear with my cell phone thanks best of luck ps the m8 camera is cool I'm out

I have a 2013 Altima and streaming via bluetooth works for me. Does your car not have bluetooth? If so, go into the settings on the car and have it scan for your phone and make sure your phone has bluetooth on. Once it finds, proceed to pair and make sure in your phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music. If you don't have bluetooth then don't know.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2013 Altima and streaming via bluetooth works for me. Does your car not have bluetooth? If so, go into the settings on the car and have it scan for your phone and make sure your phone has bluetooth on. Once it finds, proceed to pair and make sure in your phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music. If you don't have bluetooth then don't know.

phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music.

where is this setting at??

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
phone settings it's set to stream both voice and music.

where is this setting at??

You have to go into Bluetooth settings on your phone. After your car is paired you can toggle the setting of which of the 2 you want to work via Bluetooth.

cruisingbasic

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
My phone connect blue tooth to my car but where is the Bluetooth settings on the new m8 I only can turn on or off I want my music to work so bad please help

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone connect blue tooth to my car but where is the Bluetooth settings on the new m8 I only can turn on or off I want my music to work so bad please help

Check the other thread you posted. Also, the bluetooth settings are right in the regular settings menu, like the third thing down. And yes, you have to pair the deice to the car for it to work. And no, just because you are connected via bluetooth instead of an aux port does NOT mean you are less likely to crash while using your phone.

mtat

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem there is only one option in the blue tooth settings. Phone audio only there is no second option to select music audio?

mtat

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've tried that several times and it only brings up call audio. There is nothing else there? Could this be a problem with the car blue tooth system?

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It could be compatibility problems, yes. I would not think so on a 2013 though. Try more than one audio app to insure it is not an app problem.

When streaming over BT, you should be able to use your steering wheel controls to at least skip to next song. Or at least, so it works on my 2013 camry. Next time you take it in for an oil change, have a Nissan guy pair it for you; I practically had to fight them off to let me do it myself when I got my car.

Nissan Bluetooth | Results | Nissan USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGfqQW9la0

mtat

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
My car is a 2009 fg falcon and has blue tooth, phones pair with it easily, however the problem is there is only an call audio connection, there is no option in the car or in the phone where you also add media audio. I tried my sons nexus today and had exactly the same problem, call audio connects, but no media audio?

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2008 BMW 335i. Same issue, go to bluetooth in the settings menu. Shows my BMW paired. Hit the settings icon to the right of the BMW and it then shows phone audio only and then contact sharing. Nothing for media audio. Does this mean I can not bluetooth the music through my speakers unless i go through the car's audio auxillary?

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My current phone is a G3 but my wife has a M8 and we have the same problems in our car. It's a limitation of the radio and some cars will give you both options. My 2010 Accord would only let me choose phone calls through Bluetooth but not music. My friend's Audi A4 would only do the same thing no matter what settings we tried.

We we able to solve the problem with this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NLTW60...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4298435
There are other brands that do the same thing but I haven't found a reason to try them because this one does exactly what I was looking for.

This can connect both music and phone calls. My buddy chose phone calls through his factory radio because the mic was quite a bit better and music through this device. When you receive a phone call while playing music it will pause and you can answer the phone. After the other party hangs up your music will resume. Works flawless on both our vehicles.

Sorry for the wall of text but I love the idea of not being tied to cords when I get in the car. If I can somehow get PMA charging to work in my current car dock I will be a happy camper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad