Various Sprint HTC One (M8) Questions.

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I finally moved off my Sprint EVO LTE 4G into a Sprint HTC One M8. So far my experience has been VERY positive. However, I have a few questions which I hope someone can shed some light on.

1 - Can the HTC Calendar Widget display more than one week? My EVO can display up to 3 months.
2 - When I long press the home key I get a circular menu with "Google" at the very top. Can I add to this menu? How? (Pic Attached)
3 - On the stock browser I noticed a selectable menu on the lower right hand corner. What is this used for? Can I add to this menu? BTW, I am NOT referring to the Lumen Toolbar that sits at the bottom of the browser. Also, A lot of Verizon people are claiming that the stock browser is replaced with Chrome. I assure you that on my Sprint phone that is not the case. I have Chrome and it looks nothing like the default browser. The apps info page lists it simply as Internet version 6.07.753186. (Pic Attached) [EDIT: It IS in fact the Luman Browser... Oops. Disregard this question)
And now for the big one....
4 - On my EVO LTE 4G I was able to setup my GMail to remain silent (but still display the notification icon) when in Vibrate mode, but if using the ringer (not vibrate) , it would play selected ringtone when an email arrives. I can't get the same behavior on my HTC ONE M8. Currently, it vibrates when in vibrate mode chimes when my volume is up and silence when no volume. What I want is Silent when in silent and volume mode, but chimes when the volume is up. I should get the notification in the notification bar in ALL cases. I have attached pictures of my set up screens. Am I missing something?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

(PicsGmail Setup Screen.jpgView attachment 110314Long Press Home button.jpgVolume Settings Screen.jpg Attached)

Last edited by a moderator:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Various Sprint HTC One M8 Questions.

I also came from the EVO LTE. I'll try to help on some of these questions.

1 - Not sure what you're asking here. The calendar widget seems to work the same for me on both. I use the agenda view instead of the month.

2 - You can't change what app you can open but you can change what happens. The way you have it now, you long press the home key and when the circle shows up, you drag your finger up to launch Google Now. If you're in an old app that doesn't give you the menu button, you can long press the home key to get the menu. You can change the setting to just have it open Google Now when you long press the home button. You do this in Settings > Display, gestures & buttons > Home.

3 - I turned off the lumen toolbar. What I can't figure out is how to get to my home page.

4 - I don't use the G-mail app so no help here.

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Nick,

I looked at my EVO4GLTE last night and noticed that there are two Agenda style widgets... a 4x3 (HTC) and a 2x3 (Google??). I ONLY have the 2x3 widget on my Sprint HTC One M8.

Do you or anyone have the HTC Calendar Widget on their Sprint M8??

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Nick,

I looked at my EVO4GLTE last night and noticed that there are two Agenda style widgets... a 4x3 (HTC) and a 2x3 (Google??). I ONLY have the 2x3 widget on my Sprint HTC One M8.

Do you or anyone have the HTC Calendar Widget on their Sprint M8??

I only have one widget but it is resizable. Put it on the homepage you want it on and then long press on it to modify it. Drag the green border to resize it.

u3uta9yj.jpg

7ajajury.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Yep, That is the one I have as well.

I put that widget on my Evo LTE and it has the same behavior...it only displays a week at a time. The HTC Calendar widget displays up to 3 months.

I am guessing that HTC got rid of the widget...which is REALLY a bad thing for me since I rely on Gmail and Exchange calendar integration. I don't like the Monthly view since I find the agenda view easier for quick glances at my schedule.

Looks like I will need to find a replacement calendar in the meantime.

Thank you Nick for the assist.

Thanks again Nick.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Oh I see what you mean now. That's kind of annoying now that you point it out!

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

It really is. Especially when I depend on being able to easily see what is going on more than a week out.

The HTC Agenda widget was absolutely perfect. Easy to use, integrates nicely with Google and Exchange Calenders, customizable and visually pleasing. I have not seen another Agenda widget that is as capable.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I just installed Neat Calendar Widget, it goes out a month by default and has a lot of settings including the number of days.

arehuver.jpg

Last edited:

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Nick,

I am installing it as we speak. If it has Google and Exchange calendar integration I would be sold. Not very many calendar apps have that level of integration.

I'm sure this will not be an issue once Google embraces the corporate world.

Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I just read that they dropped the widget starting with sense 5 which we never got on the EVOLTE.

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Had a feeling.

But...

Just tried Neat Calendar and my Exchange and Google calendars are displaying months in advance now.

It is a very nice calendar and will definitely pay the .99 for it.

Thanks you very much the tip. I'll paypal you a $1 as well. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech