Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ucfgrad93
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Lockscreen, downgrade ?

Hi,

I notice a downgrade of the lockscreen with new update of Sense.
    With my HTC m7 I was able to see my sms/email/next appointment on the lockscreen, now nothing is displayed when I receive a notification with sense 6.
    Maybe HTC think that we do not longer need it since we can use widget on our lockscreen, but I used to like the way the notification were displayed on the lockscreen, and that i could slide up the notification to reach the app.

Just a thought I wanted to share...
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-01-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Default Re: HTC M8 Lockscreen, downgrade ?

For some reason HTC changed the location of this from Sense 5 to Sense 5.5. I'm not sure if it changed again when they updated to Sense 6.0, but it is a good place to start.

Go into Settings > Security and you will see a section titled Lock Screen and under that you will see Notification Settings. Tap on that and it will let you chose from Phone, Voice Mail, Text Messages, Emails, & Calendar.

I hope this helps.
    roflwaffleton likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC M8 Lockscreen, downgrade ?

Thank you for you answer,

I already know that option, I am talking about sense 6 which delete it.

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Lockscreen, downgrade ?

You must be looking in the wrong place. Texting and E mail show me a sender and preview and the calendar shows upcoming events. You've gotta go further down the security screen to lock screen notifications and then you can choose what you want to show up.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

I see the notifications on the lock screen now. They are very small and under the time.

Is there any way to get the lock screen to display photos from my gallery like Sense 5 did on my EVO 4GLTE with JB?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you i found it know.
    One thing that sucks is that I can't access to te the app when I touch the notification :/

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Would be ok if they would allow you to change the main lockscreen widget. You can add a widget to the lock screen by you have to swipe to get to it, defeats the purpose of having lockscreen widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWu View Post
    Would be ok if they would allow you to change the main lockscreen widget. You can add a widget to the lock screen by you have to swipe to get to it, defeats the purpose of having lockscreen widgets.
    +1 totally agree