Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By doc31
  • 1 Post By Skyway
  • 1 Post By Skyway
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Default HTC One (M8): HTC logo and on screen button take almost 20% of full screen webpage.

I just saw and played with m8 at local at&t store..nice phone but when I opened the webpage and compare with my oppo find 5 which is same 5" and I mentioned that the logo and on screen buttons take almost 20% of the screen..so even 5" screen but u lost space for gaming and reading.. But m8 very beautiful. hard decision.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-05-2014 at 11:17 PM.

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC logo and on screen button take almost 20% of full screen webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by eak1570 View Post
    I just saw and played with m8 at local at&t store..nice phone but when I opened the webpage and compare with my oppo find 5 which is same 5" and I mentioned that the logo and on screen buttons take almost 20% of the screen..so even 5" screen but u lost space for gaming and reading.. But m8 very beautiful. hard decision.
    The HTC logo is NOT part of the screen..... and if you're reading and gaming the onscreen button disappear.
    Thanked by 6:
    KoukiFC3S and Analyss14 like this.

Default Re: HTC logo and on screen button take almost 20% of full screen webpage.

The on screen buttons take up nowhere near 20% of the screen. Also during gaming and a lot of other apps they disappear. I'm basing this off the fact that I have the phone in my hands right now, not just playing with it for a short amount of time in a store

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by:
    robbski300 likes this.

Your oppo also has a snapdragon s4 processor, a far inferior chipset to the 801 found in the m8. Pretty much everything about the m8 is far superior to the oppo 5

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Thanks..I am thinking to get oppo find 7.

Thanks..I am thinking to get oppo find 7.
    The screen is the only thing that has that separates it from the crowd. The rest of the features can be found in a lot of other devices. Not saying it's a a bad phone, it looks great but it's hardly innovative. If it meets your needs then that's great, go ahead and get it. I personally think the m8 has more innovation

Thanked by:
    icenija likes this.

The button stay on during papa pear , real boxing, etc etc etc very annoying. I know they will patch but this sucks so far. I've had it about a week now.

Quote Originally Posted by htciscool7 View Post
    The button stay on during papa pear , real boxing, etc etc etc very annoying. I know they will patch but this sucks so far. I've had it about a week now.
    That's totally on the devs who created the games. I agree, it does suck and these developers need to get with the program!

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Sorry to say that again but I still think HTC should put the hardware button instead of on screen button..if HTC do that I think m8 would be a best android phone for all time..

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't have a problem with the onscreen buttons. In fact add times it's an advantage with the apps that have their menu button down there.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

After owning Nexus devices, I prefer on-screen buttons.

Easier to press, they're there when you need them, disappear when you don't, can change context, aren't fixed to a certain function and can maneuver around the screen if needed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sorry to say that again but I still think HTC should put the hardware button instead of on screen button..if HTC do that I think m8 would be a best android phone for all time..
    On screen buttons are more in line with what Google wants with android. They implement into the os a lot better than capacitive buttons. It wouldn't surprise me in the near future if this becomes a requirement with android.

That said I personally don't have any preference. The m7's capacitive buttons worked just fine as well as the on screen buttons of the m8

You mentioned that you "played" with the M8 inside an AT&T store. I'm also sorry, how does that justify a comment like, "I think m8 would be a best android phone for all time." ???

I prefer soft buttons since they should be able to be hidden when the context doesn't call for them. But some software needs to be updated to use the screen space. For example, the Kindle app just leaves a black bar there rather than use it for an extra line or two of text. Seems kinda silly.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robbski300 View Post
    You mentioned that you "played" with the M8 inside an AT&T store. I'm also sorry, how does that justify a comment like, "I think m8 would be a best android phone for all time." ???
    Don't' get me wrong..I like to support HTC too. I owned HTC 8x HTC one m7..and I like the m8 too..just my preference that I think on screen button make the 5" screen look small if u look side by side with my m7..but I agree the hardware on m8 is the best u can get now.