HTC One (M8) Photos & Videos Thread

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Sure the camera can catch it without light or not. Here's a shot taken outdoors no sunlight and no flash zoom in and look at her eyes and this was a distant shot.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/ta2ybuqa.jpg
Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sorry I fail to see your point.
I don't see anything in her eyes that's particularly different that photos taken by other digital cameras can't catch. Here's a photo posted in a previous page (#191 on page8). Do you think a camera that can record the light reflected on a toy's eye ain't able to catch that in a human eye?

Do you have personal experience with the camera yet? If not, you probably want to give it a try to see what it can't and can do and to see if you can better make use of the light catching capability than that of your old phone camera. And report back and let us know.

BTW, M8 camera is said to give better and more natural skin tones than other top notch ones (S5 and 5s). It's good for taking people pics.
112356d1397419661t-htc-one-m8-photos-videos-thread-imag0015.jpg

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
And for the questioning about blue sky not showing on a photo, a large part depends on the direction of the sun relative to where the lens is aiming at and the solar zenith angle. The whiteout sky can happen to any camera shots, including SLRs. An example is the one posted on page2 of the GS5's camera&video thread, simply because the shooter was facing the sun (though the sun was above the picture frame, slightly). He also have diffusing light issue for that.

Here's some pics I took last spring in a very small southern town (consisted of 2 N-S and 3 E-W streets and a few dozen households). All pictures were taken within an hour frame. It was early morning. You can judge the direction of the sunlight roughly from the shadow on the ground and see the connection of blue/white sky to that. Note that it's not M8 camera.

The old church (sun was behind, sunlight hit directly onto the subject).
2013-03-16105100_zpsd66bbfa3.jpg

The old post office (sun still behind, but a bit to the side)
2013-03-16095237_zps39bcdfca.jpg

A random house with vine (sun still behind, but a bit to the other side)
2013-03-16101958_zps24f4e79b.jpg

The old gas station/pump (sunlight is not directly hitting the lens but in front to a bit to the side).
2013-03-16102522_zpsc80807d7.jpg

And a house with blooming trees (direct sunlight similar to in the GS5 cam complain photo)
2013-03-16102620_zps407cdf20.jpg

SLR with polarized filter can get more vibrant blue sky in most situations but NOT with direct sunlight condition (well, unless it's sunset/ sunrise (weaker light) in a small focal length setting(smaller proportion to the entire scene)). With phone cameras you got what you've got.

Edit: also if your cam is in the shade, the lens also sees less diffusing light bouncing/scattering around.

Last edited:

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey, we need more photos/videos for the thread. Please keep them coming and don't get too caught up with the technical part or the blue sky discussion.(since when blue sky has become the standard for a good photo?!!)

Edit: I don''t know how to delete the photo. Thought I already deleted it in the text. Well, it's a M8 photo originally posted for those doubt M8's capability of catching blue sky. Nevertheless, there isn't anything to see besides the blue sky. How ironic.

Attachments

• 2014-04-17 09.21.27.jpg
    2014-04-17 09.21.27.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 58

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey, we need more photos/videos for the thread. Please keep them coming and don't get too caught up with the technical part or the blue sky discussion.(since when blue sky has become the standard for a good photo?!!)

Edit: I don''t know how to delete the photo. Thought I already deleted it in the text. Well, it's a M8 photo originally posted for those doubt M8's capability of catching blue sky. Nevertheless, there isn't anything to see besides the blue sky. How ironic.

It's not that there should be a blue sky it's that the sky is completly blown out (0 detail due to poor dynamic range). Or lack of fine details in hair etc. Now being a phone cam these problems can exist it's jut that we are noticing them in ALOT of pictures where even my old droid x did a decent job.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not that there should be a blue sky it's that the sky is completly blown out (0 detail due to poor dynamic range). Or lack of fine details in hair etc. Now being a phone cam these problems can exist it's jut that we are noticing them in ALOT of pictures where even my old droid x did a decent job.
I've posted several photos with perfect blue skies and as far as the Droid X goes, if you like yours, cool, but I still have mine to and I can't find a single scenario in which I'd prefer it to the M8. The M8 just walks around it in terms of detail, color, white balance, low light, contrast, etc.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Was in line at the grocery store and snapped this. No editing. Trick was, I tapped to focus on the dark center and it made the pedals flare with color. If I tapped the pedals, it went back to normal.
IMAG0277_zpsf7c395d1.jpg

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
vKKQFWS.jpg

4wQ3rGr.jpg

Grill shot is auto and unedited.
Sunrise shot is HDR and unedited.

Wish I had my GS5 with me this morning to do a comparison shot of the sky but ran off and let it in my office yesterday. Overall happy with the shots I'm getting. Pics aren't quite as detailed obviously as my GS5 or 1020 but the camera is nowhere near the drawback as all the complainers would have you believe.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc