HTC One (M8) Photos & Videos Thread

Edith2488

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
The sky this morning. Taken with M8 on night scene i believe. Edited in the camera mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 21513.jpg
    21513.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 79

rjr1209

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hdr mode on some of them

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 78791.jpg
    78791.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 78792.jpg
    78792.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 78793.jpg
    78793.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 90

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Share your HTC One (M8) photos, videos, and camera thoughts!

I'm thinking of making a switch to the M8 from the iPhone as well. I'm curious how was/has your experience been with the M8 or did you return to the iPhone? Thanks in advance!
I went back to the iPhone, but I'm probably picking up an M9 as a secondary phone. There are things I miss about the M8

Go Faster

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I came from the iPhone 6 to the M8. If I could get Lollipop to make reminders/notifications like the iPhone I'd be happy but so far I'm looking at going back to iPhone. Google Now will make reminders/notifications but never remind you with an alarm sound or pop up on the screen. Google/Android needs to get with the program. They said that Google announced today that the update to Lollipop will include reminders/notifications. REALLY?

Why should I have to find a suitable 3rd party app for such things when it's stock on iPhone and yet no Android phone?

ahsinat

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

I came from the iPhone 6 to the M8. If I could get Lollipop to make reminders/notifications like the iPhone I'd be happy but so far I'm looking at going back to iPhone. Google Now will make reminders/notifications but never remind you with an alarm sound or pop up on the screen. Google/Android needs to get with the program. They said that Google announced today that the update to Lollipop will include reminders/notifications. REALLY?

Why should I have to find a suitable 3rd party app for such things when it's stock on iPhone and yet no Android phone?

this is kinda funny because i have the same problems instead on my iphone. I have missed so many appointments and important things because there is no alarm for calendar events?? Unless I set a clock alarm with those details in it.. and its a pain. On my HTC when I would set events it would definitely alarm me/make a sound/vibrate.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

this is kinda funny because i have the same problems instead on my iphone. I have missed so many appointments and important things because there is no alarm for calendar events?? Unless I set a clock alarm with those details in it.. and its a pain. On my HTC when I would set events it would definitely alarm me/make a sound/vibrate.

I get calendar event reminders on both. In iOS you can set a reminder for minutes, hours, or even days in advance. I haven't looked too closely in my Android calendar settings. I get reminders day of.

ahsinat

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

I get calendar event reminders on both. In iOS you can set a reminder for minutes, hours, or even days in advance. I haven't looked too closely in my Android calendar settings. I get reminders day of.

I got stuck with an iphone 4 after my M7 crashed. Idk if it being old is the issue or just my disinterest in actively trying to figure out how to set the proper reminders. I definitely can't complain since I haven't been playing with it that much, but Im close to getting something new anyways so I couldnt care less! lol

I believe on android you can set reminders for hours in advance? If im not mistaken.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I got stuck with an iphone 4 after my M7 crashed. Idk if it being old is the issue or just my disinterest in actively trying to figure out how to set the proper reminders. I definitely can't complain since I haven't been playing with it that much, but Im close to getting something new anyways so I couldnt care less! lol

I believe on android you can set reminders for hours in advance? If im not mistaken.

In iOS the reminders are on the page when you set up the event in calendar. There is also a separate reminders app, or at least there used to be. I honestly haven't even set up a calendar event on my M9 yet. Just the events I already brought over when I got my M9.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Went to a hot air balloon rally and took this during the night time "glow." Shot on auto mode with no editing.

Attachments

• 1439089757782.jpg
    1439089757782.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 36

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This was playing with panoramic shots at the river front in Green Bay, WI. Again with no editing.

Attachments

• 1439089857212.jpg
    1439089857212.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Listen, how long did it take Apple to get pull-down notifications? REALLY?

It works both ways, one O/S has certain advantages over another.. wait, this post is old. NM

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking at this thread with interest as I have been strongly considering buying this device but I have concerns over the camera quality. A 4mp snapper seems extremely poor for a flagship device. That said, the majority of the pictures posted on this thread look fine and have just about convinced me to purchase it.