Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question for those of you using GSam Battery Monitor

Ok, so just wondering what other users are seeing in terms of percentage used by "Kernel (Android OS) " as compared to screen on time, and total battery. For me, the Kernel is regularly taking up about 50% of my battery on a daily basis, which seems really high honestly.

I guess it would be possible for people using other battery monitors, i just figured some might organize things differently and throw off my question.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Question for those of you using GSam Battery Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by justlaxin13 View Post
    Ok, so just wondering what other users are seeing in terms of percentage used by "Kernel (Android OS) " as compared to screen on time, and total battery. For me, the Kernel is regularly taking up about 50% of my battery on a daily basis, which seems really high honestly.

I guess it would be possible for people using other battery monitors, i just figured some might organize things differently and throw off my question.
    That's normal. The kernel is what does all of the interacting between hardware and software. So if you press the button to take a picture the kernel interprets that input and makes the camera do what you told it to do.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    That's normal. The kernel is what does all of the interacting between hardware and software. So if you press the button to take a picture the kernel interprets that input and makes the camera do what you told it to do.
    Alright thanks. It seemed high based on my recollection of previous phones, I could be nuts though lol. Just trying to figure it out because I feel like I'm getting just so-so battery life from this thing even with low screen on and no one app going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by justlaxin13 View Post
    Alright thanks. It seemed high based on my recollection of previous phones, I could be nuts though lol. Just trying to figure it out because I feel like I'm getting just so-so battery life from this thing even with low screen on and no one app going nuts.
    I was getting decent battery life, but switching to the ART runtime drastically increased battery life. I haven't found any app incompatibilities yet, either.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    I was getting decent battery life, but switching to the ART runtime drastically increased battery life. I haven't found any app incompatibilities yet, either.
    What's art runtime? How do I enable it?

Sent from my HTC One M8

Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33855 View Post
    What's art runtime? How do I enable it?

Sent from my HTC One M8
    Here's some more information. Just keep in mind that ART is experimental.

Experimental ART runtime available on new HTC One | Android Central
    Thanked by 2: