Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By theodoreandon
  • 1 Post By mchockeyvette27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got my HTC One (M8) Unlocked Yesterday

And it is straight up BADASS. Makes the N5, Moto X, LG2 and G4 look like toys. Feels awesome in hand, camera is way better than what everyone says, battery life is very good and should get better after a week or so, screen is fantastic, sense 6 is better than stock android - what else can I say this is a keeper.
    Thanked by:
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Got my HTC M8 Unlocked Yesterday

That's cool. I want to get an unlocked M8 as well. Are you using it on AT&T? If so, are you able to get AT&T Visual Voice and tethering working on it?

Quote Originally Posted by theodoreandon View Post
    And it is straight up BADASS. Makes the N5, Moto X, LG2 and G4 look like toys. Feels awesome in hand, camera is way better than what everyone says, battery life is very good and should get better after a week or so, screen is fantastic, sense 6 is better than stock android - what else can I say this is a keeper.
    Did u order yours directly from HTC? The site says it won't ship for 1-2 weeks. but it says it's in stock. That's great that ur enjoying ur device, but like Grokr, I wanted to know if ur able to get AT&T Visual Voicemail working.

When did you place your order?

Just curious, does the unlocked version include the headphones? I see no mention of it on the htc website.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Grokr View Post
    That's cool. I want to get an unlocked M8 as well. Are you using it on AT&T? If so, are you able to get AT&T Visual Voice and tethering working on it?
    Yes i am on ATT. The Visual VM is not available yet for the M8. This does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by clborden View Post
    Did u order yours directly from HTC? The site says it won't ship for 1-2 weeks. but it says it's in stock. That's great that ur enjoying ur device, but like Grokr, I wanted to know if ur able to get AT&T Visual Voicemail working.
    I ordered through Amazon last Wednesday and it shipped Monday overnight (I'm prime).

Quote Originally Posted by charlieb620 View Post
    When did you place your order?
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Just curious, does the unlocked version include the headphones? I see no mention of it on the htc website.

Yes it included the headphones.

Yes it included the headphones.
    Thank you much appreciated.

Yes i am on ATT. The Visual VM is not available yet for the M8. This does suck.
    Weird, mine has visual voicemail and I'm on AT&T. I set it up the other day but I haven't had any voicemails so I can't confirm that it's actually working

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Weird, mine has visual voicemail and I'm on AT&T. I set it up the other day but I haven't had any voicemails so I can't confirm that it's actually working

Ultra power saving mode. Is that available on the unlocked version? I know it is not on the carrier yet. What color did you get ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckydwg View Post
    Ultra power saving mode. Is that available on the unlocked version? I know it is not on the carrier yet. What color did you get ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm on AT&T so mine is locked down. I don't think it's on the unlocked version, but I could be wrong. I have the gunmetal and I really like it compared to my silver m7

I'm on AT&T so mine is locked down. I don't think it's on the unlocked version, but I could be wrong. I have the gunmetal and I really like it compared to my silver m7

Is it really slippery like they all have been saying?

Is it really slippery like they all have been saying?

Definitely not as slippery as I was led to believe from all the reviews. You get used to it pretty quickly. That said, it is more slippery than the m7 or a soft touch plastic phone.

I don't think you'll have any problems

From what I've researched the slippery feel is attributed to the way they achieved the brushed finish. It seems they had to polish it to a mirror finish and then use a proprietary method to get a brushed finish on a curved back. A lot more went into it than people realize. Also the other colors are supposedly less slippery because they aren't brushed. I'm a sucker for brushed metal

Definitely not as slippery as I was led to believe from all the reviews. You get used to it pretty quickly. That said, it is more slippery than the m7 or a soft touch plastic phone.

From what I've researched the slippery feel is attributed to the way they achieved the brushed finish. It seems they had to polish it to a mirror finish and then use a proprietary method to get a brushed finish on a curved back. A lot more went into it than people realize. Also the other colors are supposedly less slippery because they aren't brushed. I'm a sucker for brushed metal

Aside from the slippery or not discussion, do you feel like the Gunmetal is more likely to scratch due to the shinier finish?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Sounds good. I love the brush metal finish too. I was just wondering although I'd probably put a case on it anyway. But thank you.

Sounds good. I love the brush metal finish too. I was just wondering although I'd probably put a case on it anyway. But thank you.

Your welcome. I had a mophie case on my m7 to help out with battery life but this phone? I couldn't justify putting one on it so I opted for a Skinomi full body skin. It arrives tomorrow so I will see how it does and let everyone know in the accessories section

I had a fully clear skin on my m7. I used cases prior to that. If you put the skin on bubble and dust free, it should look really nice. That's how I kept my m7. It felt nice and gave it more grip while keeping the look.

Skyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Aside from the slippery or not discussion, do you feel like the Gunmetal is more likely to scratch due to the shinier finish?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    I have not had any issues as far as scratching goes, and I have had it naked since launch day

As if curved or round items with a brushed finish is something new... Take a watch case as an example.
    Has many curves and come with a brushed finish for ages... Oh well, marketing...