Already have a scratch on my HTC One (M8) screen =(

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Its not insanely noticeable but i was browsing my phone this morning and rubbed my finger and it showed up. Tested to make sure it wasn't a smudge by kind of skimming the screen with my fingernail and it is actually a scratch.

I've never used screen protectors and never want to. But one thing i don't understand is i had iPhone's for 4 years and never once scratched the screen, yet these phones with Gorilla Glass 3 i'm scratching. How am i scratching it? i never leave my phone in my pocket with keys or anything else for that matter.

Just really wish i knew how i'm getting these scratches =(

Last edited by a moderator:

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Already have a scratch on my M8 screen =(

That sucks man. I am sorry to read that.

Posted via Android Central App

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Its not insanely noticeable but i was browsing my phone this morning and rubbed my finger and it showed up. Tested to make sure it wasn't a smudge by kind of skimming the screen with my fingernail and it is actually a scratch.

I've never used screen protectors and never want to. But one thing i don't understand is i had iPhone's for 4 years and never once scratched the screen, yet these phones with Gorilla Glass 3 i'm scratching. How am i scratching it? i never leave my phone in my pocket with keys or anything else for that matter.

Just really wish i knew how i'm getting these scratches =(

Just curious what other phones have you scratched? I believed the older phones used Gorilla glass. On the other hand I've had my original one for a year and i'm pretty hard to it and don't have a signal mark on the screen.

Might need to put HTC Advantage program to use. Free glass placement

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Just curious what other phones have you scratched? I believed the older phones used Gorilla glass. On the other hand I've had my original one for a year and i'm pretty hard to it and don't have a signal mark on the screen.

The other one i had was the Galaxy S4. This scratch on my M8 is pretty small compared to the one i got on my S4. Same situation on that as well. never had my keys or anything else in the same pocket as my phone.

Good point on the glass replacement. I'll have to look into that once i get closer to my 6 month mark.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

When I had the M7 it fell off may lap in the car and the screen landed on the seat frame and I got a tiny scratch on it. It was literally a 1 foot drop onto the floor. All it takes is one light drop in the wrong place for it to happen. And that was the first phone that I did not have a Zagg on.. I'm giving the M8 a try without protection but I have a slightly better case this time.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

That sucks. That is why I always use a case and a screen protector. But, it is really strange that a fingernail would scratch Gorilla Glass 3. Are you sure it wasn't scratched by something else?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I saw a video of a guy trying to scratch the M8 screen and he couldn't do it. Certain materials will scratch it though. My original One X sever obtained a scratch no matter how many times it was dropped. I renovated half a house and did a complete landscape with that phone sitting nearby and despite all the chaos that happened, it never got a screen blemish. Having a good case helped though, as it made it less prone to slipping.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

I hate screen protectors too, but since they now have tempered glass screen protectors I jumped on them... It's like you don't have one on, ,they don't scratch easy, don't fingerprint as bad ... Spigen has one that's very thin and the corners are chamfered

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Sorry for the scratch.

I never take chances. Screen protector gets applied via the sales representative at the store whenever I get a new phone.

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I hate screen protectors too, but since they now have tempered glass screen protectors I jumped on them... It's like you don't have one on, ,they don't scratch easy, don't fingerprint as bad ... Spigen has one that's very thin and the corners are chamfered

I always used screen protectors reluctantly because without fail any phone I had without a screen protector would get a scratch. I have no idea how these people don't get any (I feel like they do, just don't notice them since they are minor). I recently switched to buying tempered glass screen protectors and I love them. They feel better than the screen IMO and look great. I don't recommend Spigen just because it is extremely over priced. Any tempered glass screen protector from ebay or amazon will do since even the cheap ones are great quality in my experience. Just one note though, they don't have chamfered edges they have rounded edges, chamfered would cause sharp edges on the side, the rounded ones feel amazing though.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

I always used screen protectors reluctantly because without fail any phone I had without a screen protector would get a scratch. I have no idea how these people don't get any (I feel like they do, just don't notice them since they are minor). I recently switched to buying tempered glass screen protectors and I love them. They feel better than the screen IMO and look great. I don't recommend Spigen just because it is extremely over priced. Any tempered glass screen protector from ebay or amazon will do since even the cheap ones are great quality in my experience. Just one note though, they don't have chamfered edges they have rounded edges, chamfered would cause sharp edges on the side, the rounded ones feel amazing though.
I meant rounded not chamfered lol... The spigen isn't that overpriced, the nano slim.Tr is what I've used.. Way thinner than most and no edges catching

bmxracer240

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site

I have had my One M8 for 3 days and already have a few very small scratches. Had my Evo 4G LTE for a year and a half or more and not one scratch without a screen protector. I'm pretty disappointed. My bad for no screen protector I guess though.

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Definitely where HTC Advantage will come in handy.

I would wait a couple months to claim it though if it's not a noticeable scratch.

Posted via the One successor to the One

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Definitely where HTC Advantage will come in handy.

I would wait a couple months to claim it though if it's not a noticeable scratch.

Posted via the One successor to the One

I might be wrong, but I think the HTC advantage is only for broken screens

chris hackett

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Which is the process I am going through right now as mine fell face down on concrete and shattered. Had the M7 and not a scratch. Had the M8 a week and busted. Sure it's just bad luck:(

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Which is the process I am going through right now as mine fell face down on concrete and shattered. Had the M7 and not a scratch. Had the M8 a week and busted. Sure it's just bad luck:(

Sorry to hear that, truly sucks. Glass will inevitably break when the right stress is applied. I'm honestly surprised how well they hold up in most situations though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

If it's scratched, but they only replace broken screens, I would assume an accidental drop from a kitchen table or something may cause a break, which can then be swapped. Just saying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1