Unlocked HTC One M8 and ATT and HTC Support
If you need support with an unlocked device will AT&T help you or do you need to go through HTC directly?
I spoke with AT&T customer service and they said they will only help you fit the SIM card, for anything else you have to go directly through HTC.
I spoke with HTC and they said for any problems with connecting to the network you have to go through AT&T.
I'm used to buying the phone directly from the carrier and getting support from the carrier for all phone and network issues.
I really don't want all the bloatware and I want to get updates fast but I don't want to get a headache if problems arise.
I can see having to go back and forth between HTC and AT&T if I have a problem.
Anyone have any experience with an unlocked HTC device on ATT?
- 04-02-2014, 01:20 PM #2
Re: Unlocked HTC One M8 and ATT and HTC Support
They are correct.
Unlocked devices purchased thru HTC or other locations have no support from the carriers.
Remember the carriers only provide service. Handsets and problems associated usually refer back to the manufacturers.
Often times you will get the run around when having problems because neither party wants to help. Its just the nature of the beast.
Branded phones will have limited support in stores because the manufacturers work with them since they are branded and also since its sold thru the carriers.
- By a22matic in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 9Last Post: 05-22-2015, 06:32 PM
- By AlphaVictor87 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 21Last Post: 02-10-2015, 03:49 PM
- By jacolf in forum Sony Xperia Z1Replies: 5Last Post: 04-19-2014, 08:57 AM
- By theodoreandon in forum HTC One M8Replies: 17Last Post: 04-03-2014, 02:21 PM
- By Owen Marsh in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2014, 05:35 AM