| || |
Working: HTC M8 with Samsung Galaxy Gear
After some frustration, I can confirm that this method works for connecting the original Galaxy Gear with the HTC One (M8) no problem since it's running Bluetooth 4.0 LE, obviously with the Samsung apps limitations.
1. Download Gear Manager 1.6.111801 (com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_1.6.111801.apk) (if you are on a page with a whole list of apks, don't lose it!)
2. Change extension from .apk to .zip
3. Transfer to your phone
(3.33 Make sure you have a file manager on your phone. I like Astro if you don't have one already)
(3.67 Make sure you have allowed installing from)
4. Open com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_1.6.111801.zip
5. Navigate to assets>preInstallApks and install all the APK (there's something like 16 of them)
6. Navigate back to the original folder and rename com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_1.6.111801.zip to com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_1.6.111801.apk
7. Install com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_1.6.111801.apk
8. Download Gear Manager 1.7.031004 and put it on the phone (com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_1.7.031004.apk)
9. Run com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_1.7.031004.apk
10. If your watch is brand new, you're going to have to update it to the newest software: google it.
11. At this point if your watch is on, your phone should start searching for it, and maybe find it. I rebooted my phone once while it was trying to connect and when I opened up Gear Manager, it requested a sync and boom, synced.
Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
Weather doesn't work as well as s-voice, obviously, nor does the media controller, but the dialer, find my phone, contacts, camera and photo transfer I can confirm are working.