- 26 Posts
VZW M8 signal bars displaying lower than they should
Does anyone else have an issue where the signal bars just don't report accurately? Example, my phone is showing 1 to 2 bars right now yet my DNA consistently shows 3 to 4. Or when I'm at work, DNA is pegged at full 5 bars as there is a tower right outside across the way from my building yet this phone one shows at most 4 bars and sometimes even 3. The weird part is that the phone generally has no issues using data or making calls so I'm not too concerned but rather wondering if its a bug. When I put viperndna (newest 3.5 based on 4.4.2) on my DNA, it did the same thing and wouldn't ever go past 3 bars in known strong service areas. Any insight is appreciated and for reference, while at work I ran a speed test with 3 to 4 bars showing and got 48 Mbps down and 18 up so its super strong. And dbm is approx the sane between my dna and the m8. Thanks!
- 04-03-2014, 07:46 PM #2
If the speed is close or as fast as the DNa, and the battery isn't being drained I wouldn't worry. dBm in settings is a better indicator of signal.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- By patrikr in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-07-2014, 11:36 AM
- By dalmore_pam in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 04-04-2014, 08:32 PM
- By Scott7217 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-03-2014, 06:17 PM
- By Panther353 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 04-03-2014, 04:54 PM
- By angel21612 in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2014, 03:52 PM