Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preformer19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Dot View Case - out of stock everywhere??

There must be somewhere I can buy this from... any help/tips?

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Dot View Case - out of stock everywhere??

Out of stock in the UK, well grey is anyway.
    They are saying stock in May.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Order from Verizon's website.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    raziel 

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Order from Verizon's website.

Out of stock there too.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kibbster View Post
    Out of stock there too.
    Wow that was quick. I ordered mine on Monday.

Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

A friend of mine ordered his a day or so before me and his is being dispatched on the 7th, mine on the 29th.
    Either they hardly made any or they've been selling like hotcakes and in a couple of months everyone will have a dot case.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Ordered mine from Verizon last week, it shipped the day after I ordered. USPS tracking says they delivered it to a different zipcode at 3:58am on Monday. Verizon says they can't do anything, I have to report it to the post office. Post office says "we delivered it". $50 down the toilet.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,694 Global Posts

I managed to find one at my local Verizon store. Might wanna give them a call.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by DrWu View Post
    Ordered mine from Verizon last week, it shipped the day after I ordered. USPS tracking says they delivered it to a different zipcode at 3:58am on Monday. Verizon says they can't do anything, I have to report it to the post office. Post office says "we delivered it". $50 down the toilet.
    I assume you used a credit card. Report it to them

I ordered mine in the UK on 30th March, when I ordered it said 3 days it would be in stock, now it says end of May delivery!!! I ordered grey.When did you all order.?

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

I didn't actually, I had it billed to my Verizon bill. My plan was to not pay that portion of the bill but I have a feeling that won't get me very far. Actually had some movement on this today. The post office called me surprisingly to say that the zip code it shows delivered to is actually a zip code strictly used by Verizon and is owned by them so the post office is assuming at this point that the package ended up getting shipped directly to another Verizon facility but they don't know exactly where. they suggested I contact Verizon and to contact the Postal service consumer affairs division if I didn't get anywhere with Verizon. Verizon seemed a little more friendly about it this time and said they would contact the original shipper and get another case shipped out. They had no idea about stock or anything but I have a feeling it is going to be a very long time before I ever see the case - if ever.

Ordered mine in the Verizon store. Arrived 5 days later (Grey Dot View case...)...

Thanks for the Verizon tip. I called my local store, but they were out, but the helpful CSR called some other stores and found one in a town close by. They only had the grey one which was fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fotoav8r View Post
    Thanks for the Verizon tip. I called my local store, but they were out, but the helpful CSR called some other stores and found one in a town close by. They only had the grey one which was fine with me.
    I believe that is the only color that is available at the moment.

I chose the dark grey M8, so the color of the case matching the color of the phone itself was perfection.
    cizzlen likes this.

I Just purchased a black dot view case from shopandroid.com.The page said Sold out and when i pad for it the disclaimer said my CC dont be charged until the product is restocked. I put the order then and i got a order confirmation and then received a order receipt stating it has shipped today with tracking number and everything. I hope this helps alot of dot view seekers

Mobile Fun had the black ones in stock but they've since sold out. Been told that the grey ones are due on the 21st and the other colours (red/green etc) will be May before they arrive. Pre-ordered my grey one today.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I just ordered mine from the carphone warehouse website in the UK they seem to have stock

Quote Originally Posted by KiranB2 View Post
    There must be somewhere I can buy this from... any help/tips?

OP I just ordered mine online from Verizon's website. They seem to have it in stock now. Only paid 6.99 for two day shipping, $54.95 total!
    Thanked by:
    raziel 

I picked one up from the Phones4U store last weekend, they had them in stock

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

I purchased the Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector at the AT&T store but they were out of the dot view cases. I asked them whether the case would fit with the glass cover because the glass covers are thicker than the normal screen protectors. They had no clue but thought that it should. I received the dot view in the mail yesterday, and sure enough, it won't close with the tempered glass protector. Now, I have to decide which I want more, the glass protector or the dot view case. Worse, the store will take the case back, but not the screen protector (I guess because they won't be able to resell the protector).

The dot view case is interesting but one thing I really don't like about it is that it really hides the phone in a less than stellar looking case. The advantage is having access to calls and info without having to open the case. I'm undecided right now as to which I'm going to keep.
    R

If I have offered any information to help you or of interest to you please hit the "Thanks" button.

All out of stock in my area too. Someone bought the last one right in front of me. Lol

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts

The dot view case offers no beneficial ability that you can't do without it and just having the screen. You can knock knock to turn it on and see notifications on the screen, you can accept calls etc etc. It just doesn't add functionality and just think of taking pictures and having to flip it open all the time. Meh

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trandz View Post
    The dot view case offers no beneficial ability that you can't do without it and just having the screen. You can knock knock to turn it on and see notifications on the screen, you can accept calls etc etc. It just doesn't add functionality and just think of taking pictures and having to flip it open all the time. Meh

No face grease on the screen. For the win...

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by trandz View Post

It makes the phone less slippery. It locks and unlocks the phone. You can take and reject calls. Yes, OF COURSE you can do these things without the case. But any full body case is less functional than this one. I really like mine. Highly recommended.

I ordered mine from verizon.com. Free shipping and I got it in 2 days (plus my 25% employer discount was applied - I haven't worked at Duke in years but my account was created when I worked there and the discount just continues to be applied. No complaints from me!)