HTC One (M8) MAX?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sheer rumor at Product Review...opinion that a launch in October may be possible.
Would you go for 5.9" screen, maybe Snapdragon 805, bigger battery, better camera, USB 3? Add a stylus???
Would that make sense against the September Note 4 launch?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: One M8 MAX?

Sheer rumor at Product Review...opinion that a launch in October may be possible.
Would you go for 5.9" screen, maybe Snapdragon 805, bigger battery, better camera, USB 3? Add a stylus???
Would that make sense against the September Note 4 launch?

Taking a cue from last year's max, no that doesn't make sense. If they are making one, they are probably already in production, or very near to it.

The processor will most likely stay the same, the 801 is still cutting edge.

Bigger battery, sure that makes sense given its a larger device. Need more battery to power a larger screen.

The camera will ultimately remain the same. To invest in a completely different camera sensor isn't likely due to already having them designed and produced. Maybe next year's iteration of the One.

USB 3? Maybe, hopefully but I personally don't necessarily need it. I don't plug my phone into my computer.

Stylus, probably not. I just don't see them adding a whole bunch of different things to the max that the One doesn't have.

These are my opinions and obviously don't necessarily mean they are going to happen. I'm just taking the philosophy behind the last year's phablet One and making my own assumptions

Posted via Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

No thanks. This one is already too big and heavy. I just tolerate those aspects because I love the sound and camera.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Taking a cue from last year's max, no that doesn't make sense. If they are making one, they are probably already in production, or very near to it.

The processor will most likely stay the same, the 801 is still cutting edge.

Bigger battery, sure that makes sense given its a larger device. Need more battery to power a larger screen.

The camera will ultimately remain the same. To invest in a completely different camera sensor isn't likely due to already having them designed and produced. Maybe next year's iteration of the One.

USB 3? Maybe, hopefully but I personally don't necessarily need it. I don't plug my phone into my computer.

Stylus, probably not. I just don't see them adding a whole bunch of different things to the max that the One doesn't have.

These are my opinions and obviously don't necessarily mean they are going to happen. I'm just taking the philosophy behind the last year's phablet One and making my own assumptions

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah- the commentator's point over there was that if they want to do this right away, like last year, sure, it's going to be very close to the M8 except for size.
If they wait until fall, they come up against the Note 4 launch and maybe this gives them a dog in that race. In that case, they'll need more than a 1.2X M8. They put so much into the M8, I doubt they have much steam left to make significant changes to a Max...and still have something to show off with next year's M9.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

To me the weight is not an issue. they have these things so light and thin as it is. Plus, I can do 12 ounce lifts no problem, so a mere 190 grams is peanuts!
But if they don't change the strategy of the black bar, etc, they are going to have a phone the size of a toaster if the screen goes to 5.9" like last year.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

To me the weight is not an issue. they have these things so light and thin as it is. Plus, I can do 12 ounce lifts no problem, so a mere 190 grams is peanuts!
But if they don't change the strategy of the black bar, etc, they are going to have a phone the size of a toaster if the screen goes to 5.9" like last year.
For me, the weight issue has to do with the way it pulls on my pants. I had to start wearing belts with the One X and the M8 is going to likely be worse. Plus, no fun jogging w/ a heavy phone on pocket.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I'll put in a guess that they'll add a stylus to this year's Max (or Ace, or whatever it's called). They've done digitizer stylus tech in the past (HTC Flyer) and it's a great feature. I'm not the target for phablets, but if I wanted one I'd want it to have added functionality that comes with the size. I could care less about the screen size for simply watching media. Dual-screen element functionality and stylus tech and I think they'd have something really cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781